Not Coping Anymore

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I noticed that since these symptoms started, that I no longer handle stress as well as I could before. I don't know if it's because my period is due or what but the least thing makes me upset to where I start feeling nervous and on edge really bad. I used to let very little get to me and now I feel like I just can't deal with anything remotely stressful. Have any of you ladies felt or feel this way?

2 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I noticed that this is true for me too. My stress and anxiety levels have definitely intensified lately. About 2 weeks ago my sons class had a field trip to the movies and I went along as a volunteer chaperone. For some reason that day I had really bad anxiety and tension all throughout my body. I thought I would not be able to go. I went but was wreck the entire time. I got home and I felt so overwhelmed that all I could do is cry. Saturday my husband and I are supposed to be going on an outing with our church. There's going to be shopping, food and a play. My husband has already been pressing me to go because we paid in advance. I want to go but I don't know how I will be feeling. It's awful. It's like I can't go anywhere or do anything without feeling overwhelmed, stressed or tired or anxiety-ridden.
    • Posted

Just do what you can. We have to learn to be better friends to ourselves. Ditch the guilt. We have to come out of this in one piece. smile
    • Posted

That is me. My little girl had a promotion ceremony at school last week and I was an anxious mess. I started crying in the middle of it and have no idea what I was even crying for. I finally got ok towards the end probably because I knew I was leaving. I hate that I feel this way when I have something to do. Today an associate made me so upset that I immediately started feeling nervous and my heart started racing. It calmed down a few minutes later. Months ago if someone had made me upset I would have told them where to go and how fast to get there without a second thought but now, I just get overwhelmed and all sorts of craziness. I feel like I'm all out of sorts.
    • Posted

Docs said today unless I've not had period for a year I can't go on hrt I'm so frustrated because I'm exhausted were I don't sleep and the flushes are horrendous how am I going to get through summer like this I feel awfull
    • Posted

I know how you feel. I hate that feeling when something happens and you start to feel anxious and out control. Then the heart starts racing. It's completely awful! It's like someone turned our flight or fight system on and it's stuck in the on position.
    • Posted

Thing is I suffer with panic attacks and anxiety anyway it's awfull
    • Posted

Dear Kim

I know how you feel, the panic attacks are awful, I can't seem to stand in a queue at the shops now without feeling panicky x

• Posted

I really think people who have never suffered panic and anxiety haven't got a clue. When you tell them they think you're mad I'm sure.

• Posted

I know, i dont think my husband totally understands, he just says to hold his hand x
    • Posted

Yes,

I ABSOLUTLY hear your pain!!

I the same, as a chaperone for my daughters class. A few days before this took place...I started to feel anxious! Was a basket case until I got home. Of course, tried to be normal as I could be while I was there, but never volunteered again!!

Just started to back away from social events. And started to Second guessed my self, constantly!

This is not me!

Same with expressing my feelings. If someone upset me and I knew it was uncalled for, I would have no thought of having to say what I felt at the time..now, I'm like a little lamb not knowing what to do, what would be the right thing to do, it's like I am over thinking everything. But desperately trying to do what's right on both ends. It is a struggle for me daily. But knowing it's not just me gives me hope.

Thank you all for your advice and for sharing your lives on this forum. It has truly been helpful to me!

Maggie xo

• Posted

Isn't it awfull I've actually walked out of a shop before were I got so bad x

• Posted

Doe, thank you... this is what I am slowly beginning to understand, too.  I keep beating myself up over trying to find solutions instead of just taking it a step at a time.  Lifelong anxiety issues, 20 years with Crohn's disease, about 2 years with obvious peri symptoms... yes.  I do have to come out of this in one piece, and ditching my guilt about trying to "fix" all of it would be a great first step toward being a better friend to myself.  Thank you!!!

• Posted

This summer has been rough - it's hard to be out in the heat for any length of time.  My gyn really hasn't talked with me about peri - I had surgery in April and it's kind of a long story - and I do understand your frustration.

• Posted

That's an accurate description - the switch won't flip to "off" and it's so scary.

• Posted

Yes, the anxiety is horrendous.
    • Posted

That's exactly rite Michelle. They automatically look at me like I'm crazy and wondering what's wrong with me. I hate the anxiety and panic. I hate that it makes me wanna rush through everything so I can get back home.

• Posted

Agreed, Jamie.  It's one of those experiences that can't be understood unless you've been through it yourself.  My initial experience with panic came with my Crohn's diagnosis and being put on prednisone for 2.5 years.  There were family and friends who knew what was going on, but everybody else just thought I was nuts.  I hate feeling embarrassed after an attack, too.

• Posted

Out of nowhere this overwhelming panic arises, I have to stop myself getting really anxious, I have never really suffered anxiety like this, yes I have panic with phobia but anxiety is a new thing, the knotted stomach etc I really am experiencing that now and the constant worry of where I am going and will I panic x
    • Posted

I am expierecing the same thing. I was just trying to explain to someone that the overwhelming panic just comes over me out of nowhere and then I get real anxious to the point of heart racing, shaking, and feeling like I can't breathe and going to pass out. It takes a minute to calm down and recover. Sometimes I can talk myself out of it and sometimes I can't. I just hate doing it in front people and then I'm embarrassed after I've performed and nothing is wrong with me.

• Posted

The annoying thing about this is when the overwhelming panic comes over me my doctor said to me that it is not hormones it is just me!
    • Posted

The doctor never said hormones to me either, but when it happened while I was in the ER, I was on my period at the time and the doc said "nothing is wrong with you, it's just your period, it's common in women your age, see a psychiatrist". That told me right there that it was hormone related. I started writing down every time I would have one and noticed that it was either during ovulation time, right before or after a period and sometimes during the period. The other times of the month I'm just anxious and nervous out of fear that I've developed now since all this started.

• Posted

Oops keeping pressing my phone to send! I know, this overwhelming surg we of panic comes over me at home Aswell, this is all new to me, I mean I'm not new to panic because I have a form of agoraphobia with the open space thing but I would only panic in that sort of situation, but this is different it just comes over me out the blue, I can feel the surge of panic coming, the other week I had a full panic attack out of the blue at home, it just happened x

• Posted

It must be hormones I had one out of the blue while driving once (panic attack) that had never happened to me before but the next day I had my period I remember and I instantly connected the two! X
    • Posted

I'm sure mines is connected to hormones. I started writing it down because the panic would just come out of nowhere. Like you, I can feel it coming on. I had one so bad that I ended up in the ER, and I was on my period. The doc said "we've checked you, you are fine, it's your period, it's common in women your age and see a psychiatrist". Everytime I had one, it was right before , during, or after my period. It's crazy. That was one thing the doc was actually right about.

• Posted

Just realized I said the exact same thing......I'm really losing my mind.....????

• Posted

Lol I think I might have reb repeated myself before but hey better out than in, even if we did say it before! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.