Not feeling like myself following hysterectomy

Posted , 14 users are following.

I had a hysterectomy on March 23, 2018. I had my uterus, cervix and Fallopian tubes removed.  I thought I was fortunate to keep my ovaries as my Gynecologist assured me that would keep my hormones intact.  Not mentioning the pain, discomfort and constipation due to surgery, I have since been waking up in the middle of the night with hot flashes.  I also don’t feel like myself. I feel numb and detached. Is this what my life will be like in the future?  I really didn’t expect to feel this way. I am regretting my decision to have the surgery. 

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Pamela smile,

I am so glad to hear from you!

I was very concerned about you!!! I will be (5) weeks post op tomorrow.

I had begun to venture out toward the end of my 2nd. week, and was royally chastised by the entire GYN staff while at an emergency visit.

'Bubble Head'   again decided to venture out this week. I had a stroll and ran 1 errand. Big mistake!!!  I've been cramping for (3) days and already anticipate my follow up with my GYN. Luckily I'll have (2) weeks to pray for this to subside.

I plan to stay in my bed!!!!

Yes. My belly is very swollen.  I was told that this will occur. My post op undergear doesn't help muchfrown. My appetite has also swelled lol!!!  

Feel better and be a good girl!!!

Hugs.

Keep me posted!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.