Not getting to the restroom in time

Posted , 4 users are following.

My daughter is 12 years old. Since she was in first grade the teachers wouldn't let the kids use the restroom without being punished.  So she would have accidents. Her doctor said this could become a medical problem if it keeps happening.  She is now in 7th grade and still has accidents at home. Her middle school lets them use the restroom.  She doesn't feel like she needs to go until it is too late. Does anybody have any advice how we can help her. She is hiding her underwear when she has an accident. We don't punish her. We just tell her to clean it up and take care of it.  

We ask her don't you know when you have to go and we always get the same answer not really. We ask her when did this happen when we find her underwear she can't remember. The doctor had said back then that she might have to be hosiptalized if it keeps going but I'm hoping to get some help or answers here.  

Not sure what group to put this in.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The only thing i could suggest is if there is a particular time she usually goes, would be to go to the loo at that time every day weather she feels she needs to or not. Once sitting on the loo it may be the trigger she needs to go, a little tummy massage may help move things along before hand.

sorry i have no other suggestions, but i do hope this resolves for her soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.