Not here today

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi all.

Me again. Sorry but if I don't talk on here I will go mad and I don't want to keep burdening the hubby with my anxieties.

I've had a strange day today. I was in Tesco this morning and as I was going round I felt as if i wasn't there. If you get my meaning. I felt a bit panicky then because of it. Maybe it was to do with the fact that it was busier than usual! But I'm thinking more like peri symptoms. Does any one else get this? Also does anyone feel that tense with things that their jaw is so tight that you feel as if you are sucking all the air out of your mouth (tongue stuck to the roof of mouth).

I maybe asking silly questions but it is so frustrating. I want to feel relaxed and never do.

Thanks all.

Helen.

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

This describes me to a T daily I'm 52 now and wonder how much longer I will be persecuted for being a female lol
  • Posted

Yes. I have this permanently. And I really want it to stop. Not sure but I think it can be caused by the anxiety... or maybe a deficiency of something. Just fopund out I am calcium & B12 deficient, just waiting for more results before any treatment xxxx
  • Posted

Oh me too!  This is what I've been to my GP about THREE times now as it's just the most horrible thing.  I feel spaced out most of the time and I can't link it to anything in particular, certainly not my cycle.  I think they believe it is anxiety, but I do not.  It came on suddenly out of nowhere when I was on holiday 7 months ago and hasn't gone away.  I do sympathise, it's horrendous.  But I do feel relieved that it's not just me! Big hugs to you xx
  • Posted

Hi Helen, I'm like that all the time and I sympathise. I feel spaced out and wobbly a lot and feel like you can't walk in a straight line, it's a horrible feeling, seem to get it more when I go anywhere, you are certainly not alone as I have found out - this site has really reassured me of my symptoms seems like there are hundreds of us poor souls suffering horrible things, bless you xx
  • Posted

Thanks all for your replys. It seems as if this is quite common then.

I feel for all of you that are having to go through this time. I was eating my tea half an hour ago and I couldn't relax. Then the adrenaline started and I thought I was going to have a panic attack! It did subside because I know that it is just adrenaline. My teeth are wearing down from all the tension and my cheeks in my mouth are sore from them being rubbed against my back teeth.

I have taken myself off for a bath hoping that I will relax! I don't think I rel ax even when I'm asleep!

Big hugs to you all.

Helen.xx

• Posted

Bless you Helen we are not suffering alone we need to support each other thru this terrible menopause sh*te 😩😩
  • Posted

Hi helen yea i get it quite a lot and when it first happenz u get a bit panicky i feel spaced out n when i try to talk it feels like my tongue is too big for mouth n i cant talk and if i do it cums out not makin sense x
  • Posted

Hi Helen. Yes me too. I have such a tight neck and jaw it's ridiculous. It won't relax and is so painful. The tightness makes me feel dizzy and lightheaded .x
  • Posted

hi Helen. 100% it's peri symptoms. When I first started with these symptoms it was that bad I couldn't even stay in the shops as my anxiety was that bad. Once I began to understand what was happening it was a lot easier to cope. Don't get me wrong I'm not fully anxiety free but I've learnt to deal with the symptoms.xx
    • Posted

hi gill, i cant stay in shops long as i get anxiety and feel i have to get out and like helen i often have spaced out feeling like when someones talking to me and i feel i'm not there or looking back at myself (very strange)rolleyes i too have learnt to cope with them better these days but some episodes still scare me. xx
    • Posted

ye! Horrible feeling.😟 I feel really strange first thing in a morning as if I'm on a different planet.xx
    • Posted

Hi Gill. I feel worse in the morning too. My panic attacks and fear I have something really wrong with me are always worse before about mid-morning.
  • Posted

i had this in pere. i find some of the lights in the big stores make me go funny too,

Try say to yourself that you are fine, i no its hard but if you train your brain into thinking of something else it does work after awhile. you have to say to yourself i dont want to feel like this,and i have to stop because i will get worse,try to think of something that makes you happy xxx

• Posted

Hi all.

Thanks for all your replys.

I really appreciate your comments and hope that you all find relief from these awful peri symptoms. I'm so glad to have found this forum and lovely people willing to take time out to encourage others. Thank you.

Helen. x

• Posted

Hi again, just to make you laugh.....went to the cinema tonight with a friend.  Felt so spaced out just walking from the car to the cinema, that I didn't see a huge puddle and walked right into it.  After the cinema, went to the loo and got a huge ream of loo roll stuck to my shoe and of course, was obliviously trailing it around without realising.  Both much to the amusement of passers by....... Doh.......!😳x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.