Not sure what's going on. Please help

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys please help.

I'm a 22 year old woman who has been suffering from joint pain. Two months ago I woke up and couldn't straighten my right knee. It was stiff and swollen and when I tried to walk and buckled . I went to my GP who referred me to a Rheumatology team. Two week later I woke up with a stiff and swollen right index finger. I got a same day appointment where a Doctor told me it seems like arthritis, I was given naproxen and blood tests. These tests where ESR, CRP, full blood count, ANA and ferritin.

The results came back. I was told everything was okay apart from the ESR which was 42 (suppose to be up to 12).

Show a Rhem who took me I have stiffness in my joints. Said it was Early Arthritic disease and said a prescription was sent to myGP which I have to pick up. I was also told that 3 out of 13 factors were positive on the ANA test which shows it's an autoimmune disease. My issues are 3-4 years ago I have the same finger pain my my left middle finger, I went to my GP( who I no longer go to) and he said it wasn't arthritis. I have had my hips lock up but it was normally around my period so I passed it off as lady problems. All the signs are pointing to RA and I feel let down by my original GP for not spotting it sooner As I have read that early treatment is the best course of action. I feel depressed and anxiety about the lack of clarity.

What do you guys think. The only other symptom is fatigue

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Try Turmeric 95% curcumin capsules, check online info, definitely helps me.
    • Posted

I've heard about Turmeric , I will get some from Holland and Barrets. I've been eating and drinking pineapples but I'm not to sure if it's working.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.