Not Sure What To Do About My OCD

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have Harm OCD, apparently. I've been very scared in the past, because I didn't know if I was a full-fledged homicidal maniac, in the making. Now, I have these thoughts like, "What if I run out into that traffic?" But the thoughts that scare me even more, are the homicidal thoughts. These thoughts usually consist of stabbing someone. I know I'd never do any of these things, but I keep thinking that I want to.

When these thoughts arise, I try and stay away from everyone, period. And I also, avoid sharp objects, or anything that I can hurt someone with, right then and there. I'm scared that I'll end up acting on these things. I'm not sure what to do with myself. I want to lock myself away in a pyschiatric ward when these thoughts come on.

I already have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and I have panic attacks every other day. Sometimes, everyday. My anxiety is high, half the time, maybe more than that.

I just want to know that I'm not a crazy person for thinking these things. sad

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I used to get thoughts like these a lot as well. Maybe not in the sense I was doing the stabbing, but just the thought of it happening to someone. I also got them after watching way too many murder documentaries. Trust me, just stop watching them.

What it ended up being for me was just a fascination with crime. I think I could've made a decent detective or forensics expert, because I thought it was so interesting.

I have a pal who has more intrusive violent thoughts than I do. A psychiatrist might really be able to help--they can be much more understanding than you think.

• Posted

I know I'm not the only one... I have a friend, who deals with the same issue. I just feel like a monster sometimes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.