Not taking Citralopram and wish I had kept on it

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was taking Cit. and was feeling fine, over the last few weeks I was taking the dose sporatic.  I have now had a break up and I feel the anxiety and wish I hadn't stopped. Can someone tell me how long it takes to get back in the system. 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Laura, I just saw you said you came off it slowly, did you doc tell you to? if not sounds like you and me did the same thing. stay in touch.  I think maybe I had some in my system because they told me to get back on the 30 full time.
    • Posted

Johmac, yes I was working with my doctor when coming off.  But like I said, she wasn't very thorough through the whole thing.  That is why I feel I need to work more closely with a good psychiatrist.  I just signed up with a good therapist.  Maybe he can give me some leads.  Will keep in touch.  Leaving for vacation for a week, not

sure if I'll be able to get online.

Since restarting the citalopram, I have been calling my doctor once a week for updates and concerns.

• Posted

They dont understand. Try 10 for a few months first. I am on 10mg now after complaining about non existent drive and he said try goto 10mg.
  • Posted

On 20 for 3 years odd, then went to 10mg. Things had improved in those 3 years I felt but having history of depression/anxiety problems so im not sure for how long. 

It was start of summer about April I went to 10mg and seemed to be ok. Def not as effective but was doing something I felt. My partner says I am short fused again on 10mg but it was a 50/50 thing to me. Anyway I had a few beers 2 weeks ago today (self inflicted my fault) and ended up going back up to 20mg for 5 days and went back to 10mg again for around 7 days now.

Things have gradually improved over this week (I found my elderly mother proper hardwork, she is anyway, but couldnt tolerate on monday) ,

I find I am ok in the morning and afternoon the effects wear off (quite a few family arguments too, where i would of handled better usually). I find the wear off period later in the day as week has gone on. Today I am bit anxious but have just done a load of gardening for my mum and the physical work helps me. Its not a definite stay on 10mg will see how I goes :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.