Nothing more doctor can do????

Posted , 9 users are following.

Well think I have been on here once before to say something.  This time I REALLY need help. Had doctors yesterday, she said "nothing more medically that I can do for you". What the F***.   Anyway going to list my meds and see if anyone can recommend anything else for me or is this really it for me. Ok here goes, meds are, Duloxetine, venlafaxine, Pregabalin, naproxen, Gilclazide, omeprazole, propranolol, quetiapine, atrovastatin, diazepam and metformin. So that's what I take about 30 tablets a day. Should mention I have diabetes also type 2. I hope someone out there can give me some advise and HELP ME PLEASE. Last resort! 

Gental hugs to all! 

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I feel quite strongly that with all the pills you are taking it cannot be good for you. The best thing is to get independent advice with each medication. Many of the can have combined side effects. I am so relived not be rattling with pills but just having a healthy diet, hot Baths. Can you get hydrotherapy. Could you also apply to the Bath Mineral Hospital through the new GP. 
  • Posted

Good luck with your appointment.  I take no drugs at all due to the side effects. I do however take various supplements, use hypnotherapy, chiropractor, epsom salt baths and bio freeze. Can't say I am pain free because it wouldn't be true but can function well enough to have not had a single day off work for over a year. Yes I have to pace myself and refuse any evenings out with workmates but they understand and don't hold it against me.  Positive mental attitude works too. CBT may help you cope if you haven't tried it already.  There are days when I want to cry but then everybody has those days whether they have fibro or not!  Do hope you can find something that works for you.
  • Posted

Hi nicola, I am due to start hydrotherapy next week through age UK, this could.help. also I fine zapain and solpadeine helps my migraines, other than that it's just hot water bottles and wheat bags xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.