Now i'm just desperate, can't take it anymore.

Posted , 7 users are following.

so, just an update, i have TN on both sides which was cause by hospital dental work (i still need some teeth pulling) someone has just upset me so much.

they said that because i have it both sides that an MVD operation would not work as there is a compression of the nerve and this is much less likely to be the cause of bilateral TN.

im so upset i just don't know what to do apart from ending my life, thats the only way out from this. im sorry but im so upset.

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Fed up how long ago did your TN begin?

your pain brings me to tears. I have just been diagnosed with TN although I am sure it started years ago only this time it is more severe. My GP prescribed Carbamazepine 100mg twice a day, today 2nd day not helped yet but have to give it time. There are two possible causes for me teeth but also where some of the pain is I recently had treatment for Basal Cell Carcinoma and my skin started to react to the treatment so instead of having one sore I had about six sore and it looked raw. I stopped the treatment Alderma in the 6th week couldnt take it no longer, I put Sudocrem on face and it healed over however the pain is in that region and further along nontheless one cannot help wonder what is going on in the inside. I have had cancer previous (not skin) and one does get panicky and anxious which definately makes matter worse so the condition intensifies. I now try and remain calm play relaxation cd's and tell myself to not let the fear creep in as things may not be as bad as we think they are i.e. tests might reveal negatives :-) being as though your condition started after dental work your jaw was stretched deep and wide I daresay.(I am going to dentist day after tomorrow... I will let you have some VERY very interesting info on this when you hopefully have acknowledged my post. Are you in UK?

Peace and calm be with you

Barbara

• Posted

hi Barbara

i was diagnosed around 4 months ago, for about 5 years on the right side i had been getting a niggly thing and i was at the dentist every december with it and they couldn't find anything wrong, mind you they never took an  xray, keeping  with this dentist he pulled a tooth out on the bottom left hand side, it was a bit of a struggle getting it out and while he was pulling my jaw to the left i was pulling it over the the right! he told me he had got all the tooth out, i got dry socket and sharp shooting pains, the dentist was absolutely useless and couldn't care less. i changed dentist and it was the best decision i've ever made, my new dentist is the best, he found out the previous dentist left some root in my gum so he arranged to get that cleaned out, meanwhile i had been getting weird pains on the right side, he took xray after xray and found nothing and he wouldn't pull a tooth out or drill into them. (just before i saw my brilliant dentist, i saw a german one at the same practise who filled my back top tooth when i had been getting pains in it and i asaid it should come out and not filled) my dentist arranged to have this tooth pulled at the same time as the other to be cleaned because it was close to the sinus at the hospital the dentist cleaned out the area, got the root outand stitched me up, over the other side, he yanked that tooth out so bad i swore, i've never known anything like it in my life. so im sitting in recovery and had shooting pains where he pulled the tooth out and all he said was i''l have to go to my dentist. pains stopped for a while and had a good christmas and then it all started again and my dentist had said it was neuralgia and that was it, TN on both sides! 

i've been on other meds but i was taking them like painkillers on very high doses and they stopped working so i asked my doc to put me back on tegretol (same as you're on) and i take 200mg twice a day.

you sound like you've been through it too! i hate hearing of new people being diagnosed with this every day, it makes me laugh when they say this is rare!  im interested in your info!! sorry its been very long!

• Posted

mine   begin   it  my  ears   how  does   that   you  are  so   lucky   that  you  see  any  doctors  everything   for  i  have  no  insurance   somebody    messd  up  my  insurance   i  do   what  to  do  i  call  medicare   they  cannot  do  anything   plus  this  pain   why  god  punish  me     the pain   is  really  bad  the  neurologist  told  my  husband   that  pain  is  so   bad  that  just   want  to  jump   off  a   bridge   my  husband   got  very  scared  cry
    • Posted

God does not punish you. I dont go to church but even i know that. If God wants to punish you it will occur after you die not now. . Dont think that way. If you have been bad enough for God to want punish you, start making amends now inanyway you can .Did the neurologist say anything helpful or just tell you that you had like some do. I dont understand why Medicare cant give you any medication. Can i assume you are in the USA?
    • Posted

Just found this discussion on God and punishment! I think we've all got enough to contend with dealing with the interference between our vascular system and nervous system without adding God to the mix! Please let's keep these discussions to things that we can comprehend and research with science as our guide. 
  • Posted

what happened to Barbera's mesages?
  • Posted

what happened to Barbera's mesages?
  • Posted

Hi Fed up

I will will write in again soon, I am too tired to think straight at the moment having had a hectic couple of days.

Barbara

• Posted

Hi Barbera, i hope your ok? some of your messages ahve been deleted? i was going to re read your messages, i did read them but couldn't get a grrip on them and really needed to clear my head, sort my meds out and take a break from this depressing vile TN
  • Posted

Hi 'Fed up'

I am good and well thank you, I was tired having had a bit of run around however,  the thoughts of your suffering with pain never left my mind and it is so unfair to have to suffer this, it is a dis-ease not disease

I would appreciate it if you could send me a private message where I will respond to you in private conversation.as soon as I am able.

I am not sure how to go about this pm business but will give it a bash!

regards

Barbara

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.