Numb drooping feeling in face

Posted , 19 users are following.

Does anyone else get this? A numb feeling on the left side of my face feels like it's drooping but when I look in the mirror it's fine! Get it in my arms too aswell my left arm felt completely numb for about a week! What is this?

3 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Anxiety does that to you, but please check with your doctor to rule out any physical illness. But don't worry anxiety can be awful. I'm going through it now ...
    • Posted

Yeah I have been ruled out and it's anxiety, but this feeling is frightening and uncomfortable!😞 also have a horrible headache😞 feels like my eyes are burning
    • Posted

I have a similar feeling, hope u feel better, gets worse at night, feels scary, and I have major headaches, Dr also thinks it's anxiety, but it's hard to believe, hugs,xx
    • Posted

It's the worst I have myself worked up about it and giving myself more weird and scary symptoms😞 you too thank you xxx
  • Posted

I get this too, like a proper numb feeling that keeps coming and going and a constant weird feeling in my arm and leg on the left side. I'm still willing to get this checked as I agree it is scary 
  • Posted

I could have wrote your post!!! 

This is what I get on a regular basis. 

I do get a twitch though as well on one side of the face. Maybe it's anxiety related, I don't know. I understand it's worrying though. 

• Posted

Hi Rachel huni! Big hugs. Yes I get this too and it's not nice.

i had it so bad one day I thought I had a stroke but it wasn't.

I have went to my doctors with this so many times but anything sinister ruled out it's just aniexty. I'm having wobbles at the minute too so I understand. Hope your okay please stay calming try to relax huni xx 

• Posted

HI I get your feeling all the time it's starts in the middle of my forehead and seems to go round my face and down to my ear . I now no it's part of anxiety reading what others have wrote witch makes me feel much better knowing it's nothin more than anxiety . I am learning to cope with anxiety . I read a article and a man said when you feel your anxiety or panic attack is coming on invite it in to your mind (come on let's have it give me you best shot ) . It like clouds in the sky passing by they come they go just like anxiety it comes and it goes . One part of you has to be the dominant one and the other is the weak . I am the dominant one and the anxiety is the weak it doesn't always work that way but it's 80% in my favour . Hope all this makes sence
  • Posted

just like they said, anxiety playing tricks in your mind, just stay strong, i know you can do it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.