Numb drooping feeling in face

Posted , 19 users are following.

Does anyone else get this? A numb feeling on the left side of my face feels like it's drooping but when I look in the mirror it's fine! Get it in my arms too aswell my left arm felt completely numb for about a week! What is this?

3 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi rachel. i hope you are doing well. i know this has been quite an old post. i was searching for the symptoms at google, and saw your post. i have been feeling what you are feeling. im afraid that something is wrong with my body and it is trying to tell me something. i went for ecg test, and it shows everything normal. but i am going to get second opinion this coming tuesday. 
    • Posted

Hi Timothy,

I hope you are well. I have been experiencing very similar symptoms. I had it a little more scary about three months ago and went into the ER, even had a CT scan, but everything resulted normal, I thank God.

I had this facial feeling a few times in the past couple of weeks or so, and the only thing that was prominent at the time was stress, so perhaps that brought it on, I don't know. I however was traveling and ever since I have been home, it's a feeling that comes and goes really, where the sensation on left side of my body feels slightly different to the right. I am prehypertensive so I am not sure if that's what precipitating it. I am quite relaxed here so I am not sure what's up entirely. Maybe the change in weather.. food.. the change in transition from one place to another.

Do share your thoughts and know you aren't alone! I am sure it isn't what our panicky thoughts lead us to think.

Blessings.

• Posted

This post wasn't 3 years ago, but I am hoping anyone that has had these symptoms will be able to reply. I am struggling with this right now, I have been to the hospital thinking I am having a stroke, but I am not. 

I have narrowed down when it happens, and it is ALWAYS during my  menstrual cycle. Is that the case with anyone else? 

• Posted

I get This also on the build up to my period and during it’s a horrible feeling in my face and head I’m so glad I’ve read this I thought I was going mad! Antidepressants have helped with this a bit 
  • Posted

Hi there!

I have had anxiety/panic disorder for 8 years. Up til 4 weeks ago i was taking .5mg of ativan a day. The withdrawal wasn't bad but in the past week i have developed what feels like tingling and numbness with drooping in the right side of the face but the mirror shows my face as normal. Also I'm having pins and needles in my right hand. Dr says this is normal and just the anxiety playing tricks. I disagree but they cannot find anything else wrong with me. Good luck. I hope this helps.

• Posted

I know this post is old but I that feeling all the time. Seems like it gets worst at night; almost stroke like feeling. I constantly look in the mirror to see if my eye and lip are dropping... I'm having the feeling right now, its very scary and anxiety can do that. My family stresses me out so that's a factor and I'm suffering from PTSD ..... You're not the only one from what I see. I've even had a CT scan and nothing came up, I really hate this feeling but we'll get through this together....

• Posted

Wow - I’ve just read all these comments and suddenly feel so much better that I’m not alone. My left cheek, basically right under my left eye feels thick and slightly droopy. I keep rubbing it and checking in the mirror to see if it’s visibly drooping but it’s not. I had no idea this was anxiety, at one point I too was convinced I was having a stroke and I went to the hospital, but I was fine. They said it may have been a side effect from my contraceptive pill, but I’m not too sure as it’s still happening. I often get tingling in my left hand too and leg, just like the others have said. I’m only 20 and I guess I am a rather anxious person from time to time but don’t think it consumes my life. Would it be worth getting a scan or are we putting these symptoms down to anxiety? Any help would be amazing. It’s quite worrying and a really annoying dull pain. 
  • Posted

Hi guys 

I’m new to this site ,I have severe health anxiety along with mind ocd I For the past week have experienced on and off tingly feeling in my left cheek and eye I’m convinced it’s Bell’s palsy 

• Posted

Hi Melissa I’m sure the feeling is from anxiety I get the same and gp said so also. Have u any other strange feelings in your face? 
    • Posted

Hi there no just like tingly left cheek and eye on and off keep squeezing it it’s dead annoying ,I hate this illness I really do x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.