numb face??

Posted , 39 users are following.

Was just wondering if any1 else has experienced numbness with the anxiety? The left side of my cheek and mouth have just started going numb every so often, also I get a blotchy rash along my cheeks. The red blotches also are on my hands/wrists, chest and top of back when it comes on. Anyone else experienced this?

5 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

talking to someone i think is a massive help, many a terrible night has been saved even by talking online with someone. just to know ure not alone is amazing
  • Posted

I also get numb face arms tingling fingers then the worry that ur having stroke comes into play x
  • Posted

That's EXACTLY wghat comes into my mind Sophie! After the big panic attack I was constantly worried about my heart (heart attack etc.) but the stroke thing more often now, especially when my speech goes a bit funny with the anxiety. Absolute pain rolleyes x
  • Posted

Yes but I have had so many panic attacks now I'm starting to tell myself come on sophie if u was going to have a stroke it would.of happened already it's so hard to tell ur self ur okay once ur in the flight or fight mode x
    • Posted

Hey! I'm new here and I was wondering how is you all's anxiety doing? I've been making a lot of progress, but now my face and eyelids start to get really droopy...and I have GAD...I'm wondering if that is what is causing it. I've have a CT scan on my brain..and that was normal. I didn't have an MRI though. Really scared to go back to the doctor!

• Posted

Hello kandy I just created this account because I saw you comment it 7 days ago and wanted to let you know I too have been diagnosed with GAD. I have gotten an MRI and just got my results from a EEG test and everything turned out excellent. The Neurologist is the way to go and after seeing him for 1 month, he got me on some med that help tremendously. BTW, I've gone on almost 1 year with left face going numb so try not to stress and keep a journal so you can see when and why it causes it. Good luck !!! =)

• Posted

Hello Gringoow

I also have GAD

I have been off medication for a while and doing well but am currently getting numbness feeling to face lips gums and arm on right side. Have so much going on in my life and stressing over everything

Think I need to go back on medication but that stresses me as well..

It is comforting to know that numbness is a sign as well.

I just feel Like a Mental case sometimes 😞

• Posted

Hi Gringoow! Thanks so much for your reply. I've been on medication before for 6 months in a row and I don't remember if it had a significant benefit or it was just the placebo effect...but my withdrawal symptoms were awful! (not saying yours will be) but yes..the numbness is still occurring and I'm doing everything in my power to not get anxious/stressed!

• Posted

I just ran across this thread.  About 8 years ago I had my first episode with this where my face, arm, and leg on my right side went numb.  It was a bit scary.  Happened again last year, and recently about 3 weeks ago.  I had gone to multiple Doctors with no help.  Had an MRI on my brain 2 weeks ago, blood work, and everything came back as normal.  I started thinking it may be anxiety/stress.  And coming across this really helps me feel more normal.

I was wondering what type of medication worked for you and if it was something to had to stay on or just use during time of your life when the anxiety was effecting you?

• Posted

Did you read the post here about histamine intolerance. I have your symptoms and I have been eating all the trigger foods...
    • Posted

I did not see the trigger foods.  But, remember eating pizza and energy drinks when one happened.
  • Posted

I do the exact same, especially " if u were going to die Jen, it would of happened by now". Thats definitely the worse part once that dread has overcome u, u just have to ride it out. Just have to remind ourselves were going to make it to the other side of the panic attack, easier said than done sometimes x
  • Posted

Really is easier said then done to try re track ur self bk to ur okay once it's kicked off u have to wait till finishing but knowing others have the same does help x
  • Posted

for me its - i can calm myself a little and think im doing ok, then suddenly it hits hard again and i feel as if im reeling from it - so diorientating - i find that really frightening
  • Posted

Horrible not having any control over it, or thinking u do and it hits anyway! I just dont understand when I get the red rash/patches of skin all over my top half, just had a small attack from nowhere about 5 minutes ago and I was covered and felt like I was taking an allergic reaction to something (red skin felt hot)along with the racing heart etc. Horrible sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.