numb face??

Posted , 39 users are following.

Was just wondering if any1 else has experienced numbness with the anxiety? The left side of my cheek and mouth have just started going numb every so often, also I get a blotchy rash along my cheeks. The red blotches also are on my hands/wrists, chest and top of back when it comes on. Anyone else experienced this?

5 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello again, Jen

I used to rush to a mirror, pulling my clothes back to look at the red blotches.....it took a long time to understand that IT IS A NERVOUS REACTION. TRUST ME! I suppose it could be likened to "blushing" if you find yourself in an embarrassing situation. Same flush of adrenalin/blood flow to the face & neck. That's what I tell myself, anyway!.. Keep smilling !

• Posted

Thats exactly what I did CruiseLady (ran to mirror) then that was the heart away racing and hands starting to tingle rolleyes managed to calm myself by sitting down and remonding myself "its all the anxiety, its all the anxiety". Cant wait for counselling, have you had it before? Thank u again x
  • Posted

god the tingling hands is awful! thats usually followed by dizziness, but a kind of all over body dizziness if that makes sense?
  • Posted

Yes ..to both of the above posts. I found group therapy somewhat better than counselling. The group leader was a male nurse who had suffered lifetime anxiety, and he explained how the chemicals and hormones in our body work. An imbalance of Seratonin is one of the culprits.(So I understand) There is so much involved. If it is any consolation, the people in the group were male and female, of differing ages and from all walks of life...and as far as I know most went on to make a substantial recovery. Although I must admit that anxiety can come back and bite you......unexpectedly. Over time, you can learn to control it to a degree.

Nowadays, thankfully, it is spoken about more openly, and is no longer the stigma it once was. There is much more help and understanding out there. Keep smiling!

• Posted

Thats the exact feeling, like your bodys not made of what it used to be. Think I tend to get shakes more than dizzy at the moment, or notice them the most. Always so hard when your hearts going as fast as it is to remember that no physical harm is going to happen to you also, it is so alarming
  • Posted

yeah the shakes suck - and last for such a short time its like whoa what was that! then that sets everything off again....

yeah ive been in group for 2 years now, it really cant help - its just making it stick that i havent mastered yet...

• Posted

That is very reassuring CruiseLady, to have some hope thay my life might get back to what it used to be. This anxiety/attacks were so out of the blur for me, and there was no obvious trigger (in my mind), would be good having some counseling as it may shed some light and give me some relief. I do know that my panic attack happened late at night (dont get as much sleep as I used to) as I was laying in be, overthinking as usual. Something must of just triggered
  • Posted

Praying for us a jmcg2014! Comforting to speak to people in the same boat, my family have found it hard to understand as to WHY anxiety etc has started so suddenly. Wish I knew myself! So gratefull for yous all sharing your experiences
  • Posted

triggers are sometimes so so hard to identify, but therapy sure can help u work it out - they wont tell u - even though they often know pretty quickly - but them telling u does nothing - took me a long time to accept that
  • Posted

Hello again Jen.....I just picked up on your mention of "overthinking".....so typical of an anxious and overactive brain! Here we are.....well past midnight, when we should be peacefully sleeping! Yes, if you can pinpoint any particular thing(s) which causes you worry, then you are at a good starting point.
  • Posted

true Lady indeed - currently my health anx is keeping me awake, struggling to hold it together. this place really helps though :-)
  • Posted

I have always been my own worst enemy with overthinking most things, especially hard on myself like that also. Think its mostly my health I worry about now since the panic attack too, I find lying with the fan on helps distract from the thoughts a bit. Concentrate on the air on me and the noise the fan makes smile
  • Posted

thats a good idea jen, whatever works for u is always good! :-) health worries are terrible, even when u know its nonsense, u still worry
  • Posted

I have been feeling tightnes on ny left side of my face for over 6 months it cones and goes but im so scared of stroke .i have three kids and all i think is them growing without a mother.i have so many symptoms that i cant even count if i do i will feel worst.one side of my bodyis weaker , ringing ears are for over six months. I told my sister if something happens to me take care of my kids. For over a year and a half im living hell.this is my story doing everything with a fake smile because i have too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.