numb face??

Posted , 39 users are following.

Was just wondering if any1 else has experienced numbness with the anxiety? The left side of my cheek and mouth have just started going numb every so often, also I get a blotchy rash along my cheeks. The red blotches also are on my hands/wrists, chest and top of back when it comes on. Anyone else experienced this?

5 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

it does take its toll, i guess the only encouragement we can take is, if the terrible things we think were wrong were true - we wouldnt be here now. but in the middle of it then thats no real comfort
  • Posted

It does take a toll on everyone , i dont like doing things just stay in bad but i can't.ghe is nothing that can return my life back or at least thats how i feel
  • Posted

Hi jen and all,

I am following your conversation with much interest.  Three years ago, I had a stroke-like illness.  Although, they eventually found that it wasn't a stroke, they had already filledmy body with a month-full of stroke medications.  It was at this time that I started getting panic attacks and unbelievable CO2 throughout my whole body.  My head was half dead (numb, could not think, terrible headache on the part that wasn't numb), entire right side was half numb and full of CO2 bubbles) and, quite honestly, I could hardly live.  I honestly was zombie.  I had dozens and dozens of symptoms that doctors couldn't identify.  For years I traveled from doctor to doctor and had thousands of dollars of testing only to be told, "sorry, I have no idea what's wrong--no scram".  The reason I'm writing is because six months ago I started having "allergies" to unknown foods.  I ended up in the ER with near-anaphalaxis three times.  What I finally realized is that they were'nt really allergies, but histamine reactions.  I started researching Histamine Intolerance and was astounded that possibly this has been my problem all along!  I either have Extra-Severe Histamine Intolerance or a Mast Cell Disorder.  Anyway, I'm seeing an integrative doctor next week.  I also has to do with your "gut".  I'm on a low-histamine diet and finally starting to feel better.  Please everyone, research Histamine Intolerance.  Two of the big symptoms are Panic Attacks and Rashes (among many more that you may have).  I don't know how old everyone is, but I backtracked and realized that my problem started during hormone shifting during perimenopausal.  Women start to produce less histamine-neutralizing enzyme than (DAO)).  Now that I may know what is going on with me and how tramatic this has been (my symptoms were so intense, I honestly thought that I might die) and how hard it was to have a doctor listen to me, I feel the need to let everyone know to check this out.  This could be your answer!  Blessings to you all.

• Posted

Your post is so interesting. I looked back at what I am eating which is restricted because I have Silent Reflux.  Many of them are high histamine foods.  I eat a ton of bananas and my whole face went numb after a trip where I ate bananas and papaya each and every day along with nuts, shellfish, cheese and egg whites!  I also was taking half a Benadryl every night while away to sleep. When I came home to the furnace running, I quit the Benadryl as it dries me out. Suddenly my face went numb.  I am so greatful for your post. Thank you!
  • Posted

Just read my entry.  Oops--many typos.  So sorry, should have proofed.  Hope you get the point and hope that this information may help you all!
  • Posted

I had gastric bypass surgery 14 years ago and I pretty much need protein during the day regularly. Yesterday I worked outside and didn't eat right. I have an 6:30 dinner meeting and went there still needing to eat. While waiting in the lobby I had some popcorn and put some of that orange salt on it thinking it might help until my friends got there and we could order dinner. We sat down and I had a cup of coffee, then ordered a short rum and coke and small nachoes with meat and cheese for my protein. Ate a couple of garlic toasts with butter while waiting for real food. As I started to eat I realized that the right side of my mouth felt just like I had just left the dentists office. I couldn't feel where I was chewing and even my eyes felt like they had novacain in them....it that the feeling you have? It scared me..........

• Posted

Whenever I have a panic attack after the first 30 seconds to a minute my feet and neck go numb. If someone isn't there to help me control my breathing the numbness spreads into my arms and legs and into my face. There have been times when I have had a panic attack alone and the numbness has gotten to a point where I can't talk because I can't move my lips or jaw.
  • Posted

Aww so thankful for this post I thought I was having a stroke or something for a hour now my cheek (left )has been numb / tight and kinda of near my eye aswell I hate it I uses to get it on and off but never this long and as I keep having headaches everyday its making it worse I don't know about the rash but it could be because you get hot from been anxiouse I have a strange rash on my feet and knee but it's been there 4 weeks now so could be a allergy For you ? Xx
    • Posted

I don't get a rash but that is about all I don't get. I've been feeling queasy for weeks now and just can't eat a proper meal, my throat seems to close up. Still got the numb face, more on the right side now. Tremors inside and out. I'm on ad's and take oxazepam but the side effects are not much fun either.

keep in touch  xx

• Posted

Urghh tremors I get them inside out too although they seem to of calmed a little im not on anything although when I did try ciatrpram it made it worse xx
  • Posted

Hi - just wondering if you got this sorted? In my last pregnancy I suddenly suffered from a severe numbness in my cheek and mouth - I thought i had bell's palsy or something but my doctor said it wasn't. All of a sudden, 7 years later, it's now gone! I'm wondering if it's pregnancy hormones again?!!
    • Posted

My problems have all started in the last 12 years.. Depression and anxiety. I'm pretty sure the numbness is from stress and though I try to be tranquil and do breathing exercises etc. I can't control it. I went in a shop this afternoon and had to leave. Trembling, nervous sweating, can't focus, the list goes on..these wear off after awhile but the numb face and nausea don't.

If you had the numbness for 7 years didn't your doctor try to find out what the cause was. Glad it's gone....:-)

• Posted

I smiled reading this because I have the exact same thing and its a relieve to know theres others stay calm mate im a paniker and finding my sysmptoms hard to cope with
  • Posted

numness was one of my firy symptoms but at the time i didnt realise it was due to anxiety so it did get worse as i worried it was something life threatening sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.