numbness and tingling in left leg and foot

Posted , 89 users are following.

hi

i have had numbness in my left leg below knee for a bout 4 weeks and in my foot for about 2 weeks, its the left side of my left leg and on foot is more of right part of left foot.

i had blood tests, all came back clear.

saw dr again and he said i need a nerve conduction test, but no idea how long this will take to get

the appt.

this is worrying and annoying as is affecting me at work now as my leg also aches a lot now.

any one have any ideas or have had the same symptoms? thanks

5 likes, 207 replies

207 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi, I've been having the same symptoms as yours and I'm really worried about it. I don't know what's happening to my left leg. I just woke up a few days ago, with my leg being very numb. And the numbness isn't like pins and needles, it was more like a crampy pain, as though there's something wrapping around my leg. I'm not sure if I should visit the doctors. Besides this, a few weeks ago, the back of my head was very numb and also I felt electric shocks down my spine.
    • Posted

Not really sure those are the same symptoms - sounds like you need to get your GP to refer you to a neurologist and for some blood tests.  Although I went through those things and got no results or treatment, it's nevertheless important to get this checked out, I think
    • Posted

I'm thinking, could all these symptoms be anxiety? Because I've been diagnosed with anxiety disorder but I'm not on any medication.

Also, I don't know if I should wait a little longer to see if this numbness stops. Maybe it's just a pinched nerve or something?

• Posted

Hi, The numbness you have described is exactly what I have been experiencing for the last two weeks , I have also had the exact same electric shocks shooting up and down my spine weeks previous to the leg numbness. I just wondered if you have seen a doctor and whether you're anywhere near a diagnosis.
    • Posted

I had the same symptoms and when  major anxiety was relieved in my life, it suddenly went away. It came back tho, when stresss and anxiety returned in my life. Also, there is a new opinion that those shots don't really help.
    • Posted

Hi, I see this is about a year old and I've followed in on some. Have you had any luck with this? If so, please advice.
    • Posted

Hello

I woke up to day with th e same symptoms I couldn't take a step and my leg leg was limp

and c omplitelly numb I as well had electric shocks ran down my neck and spine a few months ago and first it was my left arm but now is my leg leg, did you ever find out what was causing your problem?

Im trying to figure where this all came from bc Icannot afford a Dr.

• Posted

Are you taking medications for any other conditions that could cause this as a side effect?
    • Posted

You just described almost exactrly what I have been going through. But it is majorly affecting my right side of my head, neck and leg. A little in my right arm. But I just had a coworker say something to me I hadn't thought of. I think it is a pinched nerve. Maybe. I am still in the process of trying to figure out what it could be. They think I could have had a mini stroke AT AGE 34 I SADI??? But yes. It is possible. More so for women my age on birth control. As of today I do not think that is it. The more i read the more i realize this is getting worse and is probably much more serious than I wanted to believe. I have been to the ER then to a neuro surgen. Had CT,EKG, EEG, MRI etc... You name it. one thing had what they called a minor concern so they are referring me to a neurologist who specializes in Brain and Spine disorders. I know i need help quick. I am not over reacting. I think i waited to long to go to the ER and even then they have missed what is causing this. My back and muscles have started spasming despite my staying hydrated and coming off 3 medications for my diabetes. I have had a touch of neuropathy in the past but it never lasted. This is not neuropathy. I can tell the difference. I hope to get results before it kills me. It is spreading. I am scared to death to become paralyzed. NY suggestions are greatly appreciated. I notice this was posted over a year ago. Any answers to what caused this? ia it different if it affects your left or right side? Thank you, - DESPERATELY SEEKING ANSWERS.

• Posted

Have you gotten any answers for your issues? I am experiencing similar symptoms except it is left side of body is tingly, left and is numb, and I have the similar symptom of electrical shock like feelings running down my back and the rest of my body feels like it is vibrating. I have had multiple MRIs and it shows a lesion on the spinal cord between C4 and c6 most other test results are normal aside from the positive csf for oligoclonal bands. The Dr says they haven't seen this before and don't know what it is.

Any luck for you?

• Posted

Hi I am having a tingling numbness in my left leg.  I did have an Mri a few years ago and there's stenosis in the L4 L5 area of my spine.  I'm sure it's gotten worse.  It's like pins & needles and some numbness.

• Posted

Hi des and all. I've noticed a weakness in my right leg for quite some time about 18 months but then 10 weeks or so I noticed a massive difference in the size of my calf muscles my right leg is now numb and I get a lot of cramp type feelings in my thigh muscle also and my foot and buttock is numb my mum was diagnosed transverse militis which is a infection that damages your spinal cord. I'm waiting to have a blood test mri and Emg tests to check my nerves but doctor says he don't think I have ms because it's only down 1 leg!! I believe it's my mylene sheath is weak due to b12 deficiency and it only evident down right leg due to the fact for yrs I've driven around with wallet in jeans pocket that been trapping a nerve now I have this problem omg you look on the net its scarey isn't it have you thought of B12 supplements

• Posted

Hi all an update on me. I've been admitted into hospital today so hope to get Mrs or what ever they want to do to me. And hope to get a diagnosis.

• Posted

Hi Marina, I have very similar symptoms to yours and they started about 1 1/2 years ago.  (Numbness in left arm and hand, followed by numbness in left leg and foot, electrical shocks traveling down from my waist to the bottom of my foot, and my entire body vibrates at night.)  I had an MRI thinking it could be MS, but no lessions on the brain.  I am looking for possible answers as to what it could be.  Do you have any idea?  

?Any help would be appreciated.

Beth F.

• Posted

I have stenosis and a slipped disk. I have episodes of the tingling and numbness though that happen every two weeks and last three days. It’s like clock work. Do you have episodes or does your leg feel numb all of the time?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.