numbness and tingling in left leg and foot

Posted , 89 users are following.

hi

i have had numbness in my left leg below knee for a bout 4 weeks and in my foot for about 2 weeks, its the left side of my left leg and on foot is more of right part of left foot.

i had blood tests, all came back clear.

saw dr again and he said i need a nerve conduction test, but no idea how long this will take to get

the appt.

this is worrying and annoying as is affecting me at work now as my leg also aches a lot now.

any one have any ideas or have had the same symptoms? thanks

5 likes, 207 replies

207 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Just saw This post as I have the same thing both legs go numb had a mri scan came back with DDD l5 no nerve is pressing on my sciatia neve at all Both legs go numb down to my feet the pain started on my left side and moved down my back
    • Posted

I was reading about the sciatic nerve and related stuff and it CAN be from L4/L5 or the sacral nerves as well, so DDD L5 can definitely affect the sciatic nerve. If you google images of the sciatic nerve you can see where the nerve roots come from, and they start at L4 and go down from there.
  • Posted

Just for those who are experiencing similar symptoms to mine (ie numbness in legs, with pain/tingling etc at nights) I finally got some better info after seeing a new neurologist.  As I can feel pain, heat, itching etc, but have considerably reduced loss of feeling in my feet & legs, the diagnosis is 'small fibre neuropathy', rather than 'large fibre' (which would have affected my walking).  But I was told that unless it is having a major impact they tend not to try to ascertain the cause in any individual because the further tests are much more complicated.  I was told that I need to make sure I have the right shoes so that my walking doesn' t become affected.  The bad news was that it may slowly creep further up & affect my hands - which would be much more problematic because of loss of sensitivity about doing up buttons, picking things up etc.  But that could be years down the road.
    • Posted

Years down the road but I have it in hands and arms now.just

a few months after leg numbness began.Like my pain dr says

We never know and everyone is different.

• Posted

I have the same issues with numbness.  I have had disc pressing on nerves for years.  But this year I have the numbness that you are discribing and it is increasing.  My neurologist said that I don't have weakness and feeling is good.  But the numbness just keeps increasing.  Have you had new news or are you just living with it?

• Posted

Hi mark and all. My pins and needles sensation and cramping started a year ago, lasted 5 weeks and went away on its own after being in bed rest for 2 weeks. In July it came back and now it's in my hands too. I would usually  get like this towards the afternoom but now For the last 2 weeks it is 24/7. I can't wiggle my toes, walk or now carry my 5 month old baby. I am only 28 yrs old and getting very depressed. Saw a doc 3 months ago and do insurance approvals and booked schedule still don't know what's wrong with me. I do know I have 2 disc dislocated on my neck, but I don't know if they relate.

• Posted

I had the problem of numbness and not been able to walk without crutches now it's been 5 months and I still don't have answers. I'm also 28 x

• Posted

Omg this is horrible!you would think we would have better doc with technology advancing. I live in california, insurance takes forever to approve. I actually fly out to mexico tomorrow to see a dr with great reviews, I actually start treatment tomorrow night. I will post any updates on my progression 
    • Posted

Noway that's something then I guess. I hope you get some answers. I'm at the hospital Monday to see a vascular surgeon. Keep us updated xx

• Posted

So I could walk now!!!!!

Apparently it was my lower back giving me issues which didn't even show in the xray. I had 2 deep tissue massage sessions of about 3 hrs and just resting but great

• Posted

I've had CT scan, MRI scan and a standing X-Ray and none show why I have a lower back problem and lack of feeling firstly in my let foot and now both. It is only a problem when standing and walking. no one from a Physio to a neuro surgeon sees a reason for it. Last one told me I had the back of a 30 year old and I'm 83. Why am I not able to walk unaided and use a wheelchair if going any distance I asked.

• Posted

You probably hurt your back years ago and now you are dealing with the pain. I had 2 car accidents in the past and fell down some stairs about 8 yrs ago. I just delivered my 2nd baby this may and all of this was too much for my body to handle. I suggest you go see a therapist for a deep tissue massage. I thought I wasn't going to be able to walk again but here I am, I took action instead of waiting for insurance approvals.

• Posted

been told the same the damage is done the tip of my fingers are starting to go numb its taking me hours to get too sleep now 
  • Posted

Im having the save symptoms. .. Three dr and no one knows. .. I haven't seen the neurologist yet but I am going to have them check my b12 and do mri. Did you have to wall on crutches?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.