Numbness and tingly in my big toes

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I would be happy if I could receive a few opinions from you guys, if you know anything about what I am about to describe..

I will see a doctor about this, but until I get my appointment I would like to investigate a bit.. I am just curious.. sad

Last night I think I barely slept one hour..as I had weird numbness and a bit of tingling in my big toes (especially from my right foot)..What could that be now? I tossed and turned all night...as each time I would position myself on a side..my feet would become numb and with a tingly sensation..mostly in my big toes..

Even now  (as I am standing I just feel a bit tingly in my toes..)

And for a few weeks..if I touch my toes on the exterior part of my feet..up towards my nail..I just dont fully feel my fingers touching my toes..I mean it feels like the surface of my toes have been anesthetized (like how it feels at the dentist..) - and this is more pronounced on my right toe.

.. I am scared by what I read on the internet about these things..

Also I recently started to have a bit of pain and I looked it up on the internet and I found something about hallux valgus..but I dont have remotely a big bone deviation like the photos I have found..it is just a tiny bit and it hurts..

I wonder if because of this my toes are numb..? Might it be connected..?! Ufff..

So I just posted this in the section with Hallux Valgus as I found no "Numb toes".. or anything like that..

I might need to phone the doctor for an appointment regarding this..and that will take so long until I go and then until they find what it is that is causing this..OMG.. sad

I would really appreciate someone that might have an idea,telling me what might be wrong..until I see the doctor. Please.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had my bunion done 4 weeks ago and still have numbness, pins and needles and some burning all in my big toe. I have been assuming it is my nerves coming back to life after having the surgery since they cut your foot from your big toe down about 2".

Hope it gets better soon.

• Posted

I woke up a week ago with my foot asleep and it's still asleep. I'm freaking out as I have a hard time walking, standing and I can't drive as I have to push my clutch in and can't. Saw my Dr she was concerned I may have a blood clot went in and I don't. So now it's physical therapy. I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I'm a pretty active person and this has gotten me so depressed. What the Dr is saying I have a pinched nerve. But now it's starting to swell on some days. Not every day. I have no clue what's going on. Any suggestions.

• Posted

Hi I was just reading your story I to have been getting  numbness  in my 2 big toes right & left for a while now. What did the doctors told you about it 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.