Numbness and weakness after brain surgery

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all. I found out I had a tumour in my brain on 29 January 2016. It was located on the right, deep in the brain and pressed against the brain stem. I had brain surgery on the 10th of Feb and most of it was removed. A biopsy was done and the results are confusing stating that it could be a lesion caused by a hemorrhage but it cannot be concluded or excluded that it might be a low grade astrocytoma. My symptoms before surgery were memory loss, lack of concentration, fatigue, blurred vision and occasionally my limbs would feel heavy. However now post brain surgery every 3rd to 5th day I would have episodes where my whole body would go weak, I would then start to shake, sometimes have difficulty talking and would struggle to walk. Very scary when it happens and as it affects my whole body and not just the left side, it is also very strange to the neurosurgeon that this is happening to me. Has anyone experienced this or perhaps have any idea what could cause this? Thank you in advance

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi friends :please My brothers was shot on his head and 2016 September we rush him to nearby hospital but he did a Ct scan discovery ballet on his head doctor told us dat he need go brain surgery they remove 10 ballets on his head he stay in icu for 2weeks can't eat his using feeding tube and tracheotomy and he bone flap was removed he can't move the right side and can't see with left eye he can't take he lost his memory later in discharge to word we use 4 month in hospital but his getting better and is recognized us but still he can't talk but he understand everything we say to him he can't make long sentences on his own week later to the the feeding was removed and tracheotomy but still he can't move his right side but we Whr discharge home 3month go back to the hospital we d bone flap was fix back but we always do physio to him but I don't see any improvement it year and some months I ask some doctor about his situation the doctor direct me I should go to India I proces the visa so went yashoda hospital in India they ask some questions about what happened I explain everything for them A to Z so they start the process sc scan etc and some test after dat he went for surgery and a week later he start moving his leg but he can't move his hand and his left eye can see anything and speech his herd for him he can only see shot words please can anybody tell me maybe he can still move his right hand and eye and speech but he understand everything if playing music he can sing it but he can say it out::::thanks please anybody can tell what to do again for him going 2years nw please 🙏

• Posted

Hi, sorry what happened to your brother, I had brain surgery in May to removed a malformation, I went to a great neurologist last week in UCSF he told me after a year the progress are slow but leg always get better faster hand take longer, I became paralized of my left size. That hospital is recruiting people for hand studies I'm going, epwaiting fir the call maybe you can call too and get him enroll plus Standford is recruiting people with brain injury for stem cells study . Same thing try to get him in there, good luck, and be patient, a lot of therapy will help.  

• Posted

If other thing hemiplegia support group in Facebook is great a lot of people same case your brother, you will find more answers and support from them
    • Posted

Thanks so much bro I really appreciate it but the thing is am living India 🇮🇳 23/01/2018 but I will continue the remaining in nigeria 🇳🇬 just pray he as quick recovery .thanks so much bro and av wonderful day 🙏

• Posted

Oh ok. Try to buy this product neuro aid, I heard works really good for brain damage. I think you can get it in India 
    • Posted

Hi Kolawole. I have no words of wisdom but will be praying for your brother for complete recovery and healing. All the best
  • Posted

My dad had similar seizures like this

There a form of mini seizure

In my opinion, it could because of a tumor pressing on your brain somewhere

I think you need immediate attention and scans

To make sure they didnt miss something

You would think post op, you would be better

but these mini-seizures mean something

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.