Nutrition and Sjoogen's

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi All,

Its me again! I am determined on managing this disease. I want to educate myself on the do's and don'ts as much as possible. I've notice that I get more information from this forum since we understand than from most of the doctors I've been to. I know that everyone's nutritonal needs are different but would love to hear what foods help with sjogrens and which should be avoided. I have looked some up on the net and get confused as to wheather salmon is good or not. I have acid reflux so I have to avoid acidity foods. If anyone can tell me about your daily meal plans especially during flares. Right now i am downing food with mayo and i know if I continue, my cholestrol level will rocket and I will develop heart issues. You all have been so helpful and I feel we can all help each other remain healthy. If you can share some healthy sauce recipes to substitute for the mayo, also main dish and smoothie recipes that work specifically for SS. Even some websites would help. One last question, how long has it taken some of you to feel relief when taking Placquenil and are there other meds if it doesn't work?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well said Lily. We each have to just do our best with a syndrome that has no magic bullet. When you have to choose between choking on almost any solid food and letting some smoothness just slip down, even if its not on a recommended diet, then sometime calories are needed more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.