Obsessive??

Posted , 7 users are following.

Apart from my many anxiety symptoms, I am obsessive with taking my blood pressure and following my heart rate on an phone app. Has anyone else experienced this. I do this many many times in the day.

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

I used to take my blood pressure all the time until I got some skin caught in the cuff while it was inflating!  God, the bruise was awful!

I have bought a Fitbit Charge HR and am constantly checking my heart rate.  

I suffer awfully with health anxiety.  It's debilitating.

x

• Posted

Are you into fitness? you could incorporate your checking with some exercise to see if there are any changes
    • Posted

Hi Richard,

No I am not into fitness. Just trying to figure this craziness out

• Posted

Heya check my heart rate over 20 times a day sad I hate this I really do sad only no much I can take !! sad
    • Posted

Heya do this because off my aniextt I suffer with short of breath chest pains etc and I'm terrified off dying off a heart attack so I check my heart rate to make sure it's going at normal rate sad 
    • Posted

Well in Feb. I started having tachycardia

HR was 180. They put me on beta blockers and my resting rate is about 60

But to many side affects to the beta blocker so I am having an ablation done may 31/16. Just trying not to freak out until then. The procedure really scared me. Maybe after its done, things will settle down, but I have so many other anxiety symptoms.......

• Posted

Yes I used to take my blood pressure, had to stop it would determine if I was going to have a good day or a bad day depending on the reading 😡
    • Posted

Hi Mona,

How hard was it for you to stop and how often did you take it?

• Posted

What happened I thought if I took it every day I would know if I was ok, most days I was ending up having a worse day ,plus wanted to take family members until one said no! I'm not doing that again , it ended up ruining my day, I said how did you stop , he said just forgot about it put it away , I did and never bother with it now, plus blood pressure goes up and down all day long , and you know what Lolasmom it was great to be bloody free of it xx

• Posted

Mona,, i really need to do that too. Sometimes it is 105/65 and other times it is 145/90. You are right my day is controlled over how I feel. Same for heart rate. Thank you for sharing
  • Posted

Start tomorrow, you will feel a lot more in control, I would love to know how you get on x
  • Posted

Would be surprised if the blood pressure reading would be even be accurate.they have fit bits that read everything. I would be a mess with something like that.
    • Posted

Hi Lisa

If I had a fit bit, that would mean I could checkit  when I am out. That would send me to the moon. Atleast the BP machine is at home and when I am away it stays there.

Going to really work on this

• Posted

Doesnt it cause anxiety to check it though? My husband laughs at the fit bit, mine doesnt have that on it my husband said it would destroy me and then he just laughs and laughs.im glad he finds it funny. It isnt funny. 
    • Posted

My husband says he is going to hide my BP monitor on me. When I try to get my kids to use it, they just roll their eyes.........aren't they the crazy ones?
    • Posted

Have not done it today though, and it is 12:00 lunchtime. Things are looking up.
    • Posted

That's great lolasmum! You can beat this! 😀 Nothing is going to happen to you if you don't check it in fact eventually you will be more relaxed and not stressing yourself and your heart out by checking all the time. Be in the moment concentrate on things around you to distract yourself.
    • Posted

That's brilliant Lolasmon, how far did you get without doing it xx
    • Posted

Well I took it at 2:00 pm my time. I usually start about 7:30 am. My plan is to wait until tomorrow. Just feeling kinda shaky and jittery right now, but I am not going to do it. It was 117/78 at 2 pm so I am good. Pretty good eh? Usually I would have done it about 7 times by now.
    • Posted

Mine has yoyod so this is one obssesion i could never do. Haha It would kill me. It really would. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.