Obstructive defecaction. Really struggling with life.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone I really hope to hear from some people. As I am currently wishing to end my life. I have two children very young and also only 26 myself.

I really struggle to go to the toilet and can be sat for hours. The stool is there it just gets stuck, even when stool is loose I had to strain. I find the more formed my stool is the better. I have been told a muscle in my bowel has lost support and they is nothing that can be done about it surgery wise. I can hardly even wipe inside my bowel because they is so much descent, honestly feels like my bowel has closed off it this makes any sense to anyone. I can't find anything online about these actual problem's. I have been told by doctors I will just have to find a way round it and life with it. But its extreamly embrassing as I don't know if they is stool in my rectum or not because I be walking then I feel something is there. I am not aware of stool being inside my rectum or not.

I tried pelvic floors and found my descent got worse, I also have a small rectocele. I taking prucalopride which does not help wuth my problems. I been giving biofeedback which does not help either and got to the point I just want to tell all the professionals I don't want to see them because I am wasting my time with them.

0 likes, 80 replies

80 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Oh no Ruby. This is my same problem. Had one pelvic floor therapy session. I was hopping this will help if I have enough sessions. Now u have said it's a waste I am worried. My life is horrible cause of this. I use an emena bag everyday to empty myself. That's not a good long term plan but it gives me relief.  We both need some advice. Anyone?

• Posted

Hi Nancy, try and stay positive and keep with the pelvic floors. I still do mine, but I do feel I got worse for some strange reason. Don't think I am relaxing properly, always tense. I constantly look pregnant because of the bloating. I tried to keep off the emenas, they do help. I use them every so often just so I can take my children out. It is no way to live

I think we should stay in contact about our treatment. We could help each other?

• Posted

Do u wake up every morning with the urge to go? Burning and pressure sensation in the anal area? It's like waking into the same nightmare everyday. I am looking for some relief from this condition and hear the Cleveland Clinin in Ohio specializes in this. I am looking into finding a new health insurance that would cover this. Yes u and I seem to have similar issues. Gotta keep each other up on anything we find that will change this lousy merry go round. What does the physiotherapist do for u? 

• Posted

I don't get a burning pressure in my bowel and I lost the urge to go most the time. I am almost unaware if I let out some stool.

My physiotheraphist actually has this, she has soiled herself before, she just said she did alot of pelvic floors and when she got the urge to go she will sit and hold it off and do some pelvic floors. Maybe you could try this.

During appointments I recieve biofeedback, she checks my pelvic floor strength. We also talk alot mainly. About how everything going, different medication I could try. She personally believes I should just have surgery. The rest of the professionals are following what one person says who carried out the investigations I had done. I had a xray done on my bowel. Thats when it came back I had rectal descent and obstructive bowel defecation. Also a rectocele.

• Posted

What kind of surgery can fix this? I was told maybe Botox but I don't know. 

• Posted

Botox help you if you can't hold off the urge.

Do you have rectal descent too? How bad is it? For rectal descent it be like a prolapse surgery and they have to attach it back into the correct place (my guess) they never discussed surgery with me..

I also have a rectocele and surgery for that would actually be a mesh to hold it all in the correct place.

• Posted

I don't know what's going on in there. The doctor said a have an unhealed fissure and my anal canal is so tight that there is no difference from my squeezing to when I try to relax it. He said Botox can help heal fissure and perhaps relax the area. I got to research this more. I want to go back to have him do more internal tests. What kind r there to check out the pelvic floor? 

• Posted

A xray on the bowel will check the pelvic floor. Its called defecating protogram. They this paste into your bowel and you sit on a toilet (not a real one)and pass the paste out your bowel. Don't sound very nice but it wasn't as bad as I thought it be.

I often wonder if my anal is to tight because I struggle to relax it. Have you been told you don't relax your puborectalis muscle?

• Posted

Sorry ignore my bit about the puborectilias muscle if your being offered botox I highly doubt this is the case.
    • Posted

Actually I just looked into it they do inject botox to the puborectilias muscle if your not relaxing it.
    • Posted

That's what I need. I have regular bm every morn and have for 40 years. The problem is I push and now need to relearn how to relax and go. The pushing closes down the flow out of the pelvic area or something. I will look up puborectiluas muscle now. That could be it. Thx. 

• Posted

You really do. Does sound like puborectilias muscle from what your saying. Biofeedback and using a stool when on toilet is mean't to help to straighten your puborectilias muscle.

• Posted

I live in the us. Not sure what can help u ease your pain. I hope you can find something cause u can't continue on as it is. I at least can get some relief after use enema bag. Good luck. 

• Posted

Nancy they really do help but I don't want to use them encase they make me worse. A doctor warned me off them before.

• Posted

Do u drink miralax ? My doctor said that is fine to help with constipation. U can mix with juice. Try before bed. If u really want to go more drink another around dinner. It will help u go thenext day. Enema is bad cause it doesn't allow u to use your own muscles to go but Randomly used how can it hurt? I would ask another opinion. I use a water bag enema so no chemicals. It's such a relief when I am u comfortable. But I am not a doctor , of course. Haha. 

• Posted

No I never tried it.I have a look.

The physiotherapist mentioned a injection that goes in the foot that might be able to help me. I have to post the name soon as I know because I forgot it (think its new)

I must admit I feel tempted to go back to using them regulary. I was diagnosed with solitary rectal ulcer syndrome and the doctor found out I been havin them and wasn't very happy and said they make your problems worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.