Obstructive defecaction. Really struggling with life.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone I really hope to hear from some people. As I am currently wishing to end my life. I have two children very young and also only 26 myself.

I really struggle to go to the toilet and can be sat for hours. The stool is there it just gets stuck, even when stool is loose I had to strain. I find the more formed my stool is the better. I have been told a muscle in my bowel has lost support and they is nothing that can be done about it surgery wise. I can hardly even wipe inside my bowel because they is so much descent, honestly feels like my bowel has closed off it this makes any sense to anyone. I can't find anything online about these actual problem's. I have been told by doctors I will just have to find a way round it and life with it. But its extreamly embrassing as I don't know if they is stool in my rectum or not because I be walking then I feel something is there. I am not aware of stool being inside my rectum or not.

I tried pelvic floors and found my descent got worse, I also have a small rectocele. I taking prucalopride which does not help wuth my problems. I been giving biofeedback which does not help either and got to the point I just want to tell all the professionals I don't want to see them because I am wasting my time with them.

0 likes, 80 replies

80 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had repair of the perineum with a sling  - that helped the obstructed defecation and the descending perineum; previous repair of the perineum with stitches did not last even a month; my perineum was destroyed by episiotomy

but sling is painful, so your symptoms should be very bad before you decide to do such thing

also my pelvic floor muscles are avulsed by forceps; there is no treatment for that

difficult situation

• Posted

When you say the sling is painful.. Like now still after surgery?

How long ago was that?

My physiotherapist has mentioned my perineum saying she can just see how low it is and even moving just when I talk to her. Sorry to ask. If they ask you to bare down did part of your rectum after pop out?

• Posted

It is still painful - a year later

you need repair of the perineum, it just does not hold

go see a urogynecologist, ask them to examine your perineum; is there any tissue between your rectum and your vagina? has to be 3-4cm tissue; if you don't there are various ways to repair ; rectal surgeons do not understand these problems, it is gynecological problem

please don't cry, probably most women who had children "naturally" have some problems

• Posted

I seen one! He told me he only will deal with my rectocele (which he hasn't examined) he sent me back to the physiotherapist saying give her biofeedback because they nothing I can do about her bowels. The physiotherapist said theres somethings that need addressing still and he didn't listen I need to speak up more.

I been told by the physiotherapist to splint and put pressure on my perineum during bowel movements, I feel it come down even when I am talking.

• Posted

you poor thing; I am not allowed to tell you any doctor etc per the policies, search TFS - those are the slings, available in Germany; send an email to one of the authors and discuss your problems; what you have is descending perineum, I had the same thing, I think it improved a lot with the sling but discuss well before you decide
    • Posted

Thank you I will do. Maybe they not available here and my surgeon is not aware I do find my local hospital are behind with certain treatments.

Did you go to Germany for surgery or is that where your living?

• Posted

First I had it in USA. The surgeon who did the perineal sling told me that women who had it are very happy as this helped with their bowel problems. Now it is not available in USA, it was taken off the market. But it is available in Germany. 
    • Posted

I have to speak to my physiotherapist about it I can't find much about it in UK. Can you send me a link to email a author too please. Via messages. Thank you

Wonder why its been taking off the market.

• Posted

Ruby, what a dreadful time you are having!  You are very young to have rectal problems.  Do you think your problems started after childbirth?  I find it hard to believe that the Colorectal Consultant said there was nothing to be done, surgerywise.  This isn' t good enough.  I'm sure you try to follow a sensible diet so surely there is something which can be done - even if a colostomy is recommended.  Why not return for another consultation?

My problem is different from yours - I was left doubly incontinent after a large cyst was removed from the sacrum, as well as paralysis around the rectal area.  I've had episodes of loose faeces, especially if I walk a lot.  I was taught to do pelvic floor exercises, which of course tightens up the pelvic floor area.

Tell me, do you live in the UK or US?  I just wonder what the level of care or knowledge is if you live in one or the othelr.

Anyway, hang in there and don't give up trying to find a cure.

• Posted

Hi I'm UK where are you?

Also yes started from my first pregnancy the stomach problems then after having my 2nd my bowel changed too.

The way the surgeon explained it to me was... The area where I have descent he can't fix, as he can't reach in to pull it up. I was being told this whilst I was in tears so the information went out one ear. Ever since having that news I fell into depression, crying everyday when I was alone.

Are they doing anything about your problems? Or just being told to do pelvic floors. I know they like to try things before surgery is offered

• Posted

hi! i know your post was years ago but my symptoms are almost identical and am really struggling witth life! just wondering what happened with your situation in the end?

• Posted

What laxatives are you using? Try increasing them. You may have SIBO, check with your doctor. Treatment may be available through your doctor or Naturopath. If nothing works, ask your doctor to put you on Coloplast Transannal Irrigation System

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.