Obtsruction at bladder neck

Posted , 18 users are following.

Would a cat scan be the best way to determine if there is obstruction at the bladder neck?

Thanks.

Rich

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

No. A pelvic ultrasound will show it.

• Posted

I had an MRI. Does that tell you?

Just the pevlic ultrasound? The thing they do in the office?

• Posted

...a 3T MRI is much safer (no radiation). My urologist says they are both too expensive and favors going up the urethra w/ a cytoscopy (not fun!)

• Posted

Fine, tell him since it is too expensive you understand and he favors this, he can drop his pants for the cytoscopy. Seems that they always feel that way when they and not the victim.

• Posted

A cytoscopy is invasive. What would be the best non-invasive way to check that out?

• Posted

A cystoscope is not that big a deal and you can see what the urologist sees in realtime.

S

• Posted

Yup, I should have included FLEXIBLE!

S

• Posted

mine was diagnosed with a video urodynamics study . This is basically the video version of a cystoscopy . both of which are totally painless.

• Posted

I had my first cystoscopy last year. While the procedure itself wasn't very painful, the aftermath definitely WAS. Every time I urinated for the next 2 days, it felt like a piece of barbed wire was being dragged through my urethra. It was off the charts painful, first time I think I've ever screamed out loud in pain in my life. And I was taking one of those pills that turns your urine orange, which the urologist described as like a "pepto-bismal" for your bladder, that was supposed to make urinating less painful.

The pain started to subside on day 3, and was gone by day 4. But days 1 and 2 were unreal.

• Posted

To me, a cystoscopy is begging for an infection and potentially creating a stricture. If it needs to be done, fine but if there are alternative methods do that. I suffered for months following my cystoscopy. The actual procedure wasn't bad, but I think he gave me an infection. It only cleared up because I got a UTI then convinced my GP to give me a second round of antibiotics. Granted it was a one size fits all antibiotic but it helped. My latest uro wanted to do a cytsocopy. I asked why. He wanted to look around. I asked if there was good reason for it like a suspicious something. He said no. I said no to the cysto. I'll do it if necessary but not for $hits and giggles.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.