OCD/intrusive thoughts

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone have OCD/intrusive thoughts and celexa helped? I'm thinking I have ocd from PTSD and they gave me cit but I might need a different med. I was on prozac before which I should have never stopped taking because it took it away but last time I tried to go back on it I had awful side effects.

0 likes, 77 replies

77 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

how are you feeling? 
    • Posted

Is celexa helping you? Yes zyprexa but after reviewing it I don't know if I will try it. It's suppose to be for resistant depression but I've only tried to SSRIs prozac worked great and celexa didn't. Zyprexa is for other things like bipolar and I'm not that
    • Posted

I'm not sure if it's helping me. I went up to 15mg last night. I know they say 20mg is when it actually starts to work so I'm gonna go up to that in a few days. my husband and my marriage counselor says they noticed a difference in me yesterday. but I still feel the same on the inside. atleast I think so. u should ask about lexapro. I was told it was the "cousin" to celexa so usually if one don't work the other will. have u got into cncc yet? 
    • Posted

They are closed till the 2nd of Jan. I'm trying to get in I did see a psychiatrist but don't like that she's just going to start me on something so dangerous and for bipolar
    • Posted

Hey girl, how are you doing?
    • Posted

I'm ok. moved up to 20mg last week and after my 3rd dose I had a day of intrusive thoughts and the hopeless feeling. but was better the next day. I go to ccnc tomorrow for my first follow up. how are u? did u ever get in there?
    • Posted

I still haven't gotten in. I'm calling back today. I have been on paxil for 4 days and thought I was doing better but woke up this morning feeling awful sad my intrusive thoughts still haven't went away. Some days less than others. I also have been having bad dreams. 
    • Posted

that's good. I went today. he wants me to do 20mg for 3more weeks and if I'm not feeling 100% back to normal then up it to 30. he said 40mg is usually the dose that works 
    • Posted

I finally went to CCNC today. The last few days I've felt like my anxiety was up and having the thoughts. Is this normal I felt like I was doing better it's only been 2 weeks on paxil
  • Posted

Hey girls,

Any update on this? How you feeling? Xx

• Posted

Hi Kim I'm doing better but not back to myself. I'm actually taking Prozac now and it's helping more because I couldn't tolerate the Celexa.
    • Posted

Thanks for reply Hun.

I'm on Citalopram 30mg and the thoughts are almost constant. I would say 1 every 5 minutes. It's so hard 😩😩😩😩😩

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.