Ocular Migraines

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is anyone else experiencing ocular migraines and how frequently do they occur? My eye doctor wants me to have an MRI and my medical doctor prescribed propranolol.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry, what is ocular migraines? sorry if I seem stupid! x
    • Posted

Hello,

An ocular migraine is when you have blind spots in your field of vision, flashing lights, lasting for 10-15 minutes and afterwards a headache but not always.

• Posted

Oh I see that doesn't sound pleasant!! I would definitely have your MRI as my Nan suffered with a couple of mini strokes in the eyes! Fingers crossed you will be okay! 

Good Luck! x

• Posted

I have one scheduled for next Monday, and am a bit scared! Both my eye doctor & medical doctor reassured me they're not mini-strokes.
    • Posted

Ah do you know how long the mri is?? I have to have one on my head and I have had a mri before on my back but only lasted about 10 mins and I absolutely hated it!! I nearly pressed the panic button!! I am sure you be okay though!! 
    • Posted

I'm not sure, but I am clostrophbic! 

Thanjs for your support I really appreciate it!

• Posted

I am the same!! I was sweating and everything i really didn't like it! See your GP before hand and they can give you a sedative to take! And it is fine!! smile 
  • Posted

Hi Linda,

When you say ocular migraines, do you mean you get a lot of pain in one eye and it waters a lot?

When I get a cluster headache my eye and surrounding area is really painful and my eye waters.

Someitmes when I have hemaplegic migraine, I get a lot of pain in my eye and I am photofobic.

Is thsi the sort of thing you are talking about?

• Posted

Hello, 

it's a little different, there are flashing lights, and your vision I sffect end for 10-15 minutes and then afterwards you may or may not experience a headache. I've had the infrequently in the past but just recently because of stress, more frequently! 

Linda

• Posted

Sorry about the typo -is affected for 10-15

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.