Ocular Migraines

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is anyone else experiencing ocular migraines and how frequently do they occur? My eye doctor wants me to have an MRI and my medical doctor prescribed propranolol.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Linda try not to worry about the MRI scan, I know thats easy for me to say, but if you was having a stroke, they would have rushed you in before now, I know because when I get hemaplegic migraine, they do this to me. I go weak down one side and slurred speach. Do you get this?

Linda, support is here for you, so never feel alone and scared ok.

Take care and good luck

• Posted

Thank You so much, I appreciate your support! I'm not sure what a HM is can you give me more info? 

Again, in, thank you I feel better just being part of this forum.

• Posted

Hi Linda,

Hemaplegic migraine, is when you exhibit many of the symptoms of a stroke, left sided weakness, numbness in one side of the face, memory loss, difficulty speaking, and in my case sometimes severe eye pain, sometimes not and I have been admitted to hospital many times because of it.

let us know how you get on and do not hesitate to message us on here for support.

We do listen, we do understand, so you are not alone in with your condition.

Take care and good luck.

Update us when you can

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.