Odd sensations!!!

Posted , 16 users are following.

I feel like I’m always on here!!  Feeling very frightened/anxious today as I’m experiencing lots of odd sensations!!! Light headed, woozy, aches and pains and so it goes on. 

Is this normal after no period for 15 months?

3 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Paula this sounds like me! I’ve completely wound myself up thinking I have MS! I still get my period tho xx
    • Posted

Oh god I think things like that too. Today I feel like I’m having a heart attack or something!!!
    • Posted

Oh my gosh I thought I was the only one thinking I have MS my muscles especially in my legs and arms feel

wierd  and have odd sensations on and off. I am 58 and thought I was over the menopause a few years ago then I  use to suffer hot flushes and mood swings but since march this year I am suffering with so many different symptoms, its unbelievable I am still stunned to know that this is supposed to be normal and this is all down to hormones.

• Posted

Hey Paula...that was me yesterday... thought it was my heart. Then remembered I had been greedy the night before and ate 2 pieces of pie a la mode!! oink, oink...

I go back n forth...if it's a pain in my head I thy think stroke automatically...or brain tumor. Tingling I think diabetes or MS...or stroke.

Left arm pain? Heart

Tummy rumbling? Constipation? Yep, colon C....

I ask Gods forgiveness for this each day.

You are not alone. Maybe we're all crazy??

• Posted

Hi Paula

Sounds about right unfortunately, I think we all have those symptoms. I'm finding that kalms in the day and night time are working quite well. Also meditating can be good to get some calm. I'm like Kate.... Still convinced I'm actually seriously ill, but the fact I'm still upright suggests otherwise. It just shows how powerful hormones are. Good luck, hope you feel better xx

• Posted

Thank you!  I just feel horrid today and just want to go home and sleep or hide away. Felt great a week ago but now yuk!!
    • Posted

Me too I'm up down and all over the place from one day to the next it is unbelievable I am so so knackered, and this heat in London is not helping.... sorry to moan but I cannot stand it sweat sweat and more sweating... yuk.

• Posted

Currently it is hot as blazes here in the suburbs of Chicago...not helping at all with my symptoms. I totally feel ya!
  • Posted

I hope it’s normal Paula because I have this too. It happened regularly but not every day. This time it’s been going on since Thursday - so about 4-5 Days now. I’m lightheaded and a bit dizzy. My ears feel clogged and I have a lot of sinus pressure. But if I go to have my ears checked - which I have twice this year - they’re completely clear. Palpitations are more frequent and anxiety is up. I have trouble focusing - especially if someone is talking to me. I feel like I could just fall over. It’s the oddest feeling. I keep thinking this has to be meno related. I’m 20 months since my last period. 
    • Posted

This is exactly how I feel today!  Slept well last night for first time in a few days but feel exhausted today!  I keep telling myself it’s normal but keep the jinking otherwise!  Vicious circle. 
    • Posted

I can't handle too much noise and people around me as I get so tired and cannot focus, I just want to go to bed. What a life

• Posted

I am feeling crazy things, too.   Weakness in my arms and legs, tingling, tight stiff joints...my feet hurt.  My mind is going crazy jumping back and forth between believing that it is hormonal or wondering if I have peripheral neuropathy, MS, arthritis, a tumor somewhere on my spine..... I’m just beside myself.   I am waiting on blood work to find out if I am indeed in peri, which I believe I am.   I haven’t had a period in quite a long time.   I pray it’s just hormonal and then I hope I can get some sort of relief.  My feet are the worst!!!!!
    • Posted

OMG I m not pleased you are feeling like this but pleased I m not going nuts!!!  Never felt so horrid in my life. I hav nt taken any supplements do far but just started with magnesium-hope that’s gonna help. Hope you feel ‘better” soon
    • Posted

I have for the last 8 days developed a 10 p sized piece of hyper sensitive skin on my lower leg ! Don’t google it ( I have) only feels irritated to the lightest of touch! Anyone else have this ??
    • Posted

I have these issues too. There are days where it’s like that feeling when you’re about to get a stomach flu. Weak stomach, arms & legs feel like jelly. I have plantar fasciitis, so my left foot hurts constantly. Add to that the usual sinus headache and I’m a real mess!! 

• Posted

Hi InnerGrace - I feel your pain - I have just had the worst week of burning body parts, tingling hands & last night my achiles tendon in my right leg was killing me & then I had a weird almost like artery vibration in my right upper leg...the burning kicks in big time when I am supposed to be sleeping Ugh! I now am convinced I have diabetes with chronic inflammation & coupled with my elevated B/P = no bueno.  I have worked myself up into a total state of health anxiety - What is causing all these whacky symptoms? I had blood work done in Oct & my glucose was elevated & so was my CRP score, so now I am just imagining the worse - I know diabetics experience neuropathy, but do they experience burning sensations that travel - I think if I could just have some answers I would feel better - 

• Posted

Oh my word - it’s my left Achilles and I still have a patch of skin on my lower left leg that is very sensitive to light touch! I looked last night Deb and actually wonder if it’s sciatica? 

The small sensitive patch I’m hoping is post herpatic neuralgia.  I get repeat shingles higher up in same leg xx

• Posted

Hi Kate - I do know that menopause can affect your tendons and joints - I actually have developed a condition caused Achilles Tendonapathy that came out of nowhere.  My Achilles’ tendon hasn’t hurt me for some time & then last night with all my other whacky symptoms kicked into high gear - 

• Posted

I got my blood work results back the day before yesterday and they told me I am  definitely  going thru menopause but for some reason it hasn’t helped my mind!  ....lol. I’ll decide that I am at peace one day and then the next I’ll feel a new weird sensation.   And could it ALL be hormone related????   I think I have plantar fasciitis, but my feet hurt in more places than the bottom...

Here is a list of my weird symptoms;

Feet hurt

Dull muscle ache

Stiff joints (arthritis?)

Strange headaches (not debilitating)

Blurry vision 

Carpal Tunnel (or is it?)

Hot Flashes

Tingling/Prickling in arms/scalp/feet

Cold sensation across my sides and mid back (almost like Icy Hot being placed on my back)

Woozy dizzy feelings

And I’m sure other things:

I have started taking a super B complex, Iron, Magnesium, Black Cohosh, Vitamins C, D and E and my chiropractor told me to start taking an adrenal supplement... imperative for menopausal women.  I am getting tired of living in anxiety of what if it’s more than menopause and I’m just missing it ....light weight training is something I do as well to keep my bones strong...  My poor poor fiancé...

• Posted

Hi innergrace - I am sorry for all your symptoms, but I think my list might be longer - Hah! When you described your Cold Sensation like heavy icy hot on your skin - does it ever feel like a really bad sunburn & when do you get this...at night? Morning? Or anytime of day? Also would you mind sharing the name of the Adrenal Support Vitamin you are taking - thank you! Be well!

• Posted

I’d like to know the adrenal support supplement too please xx
    • Posted

Hi, Debra.....I am pretty new to this.  All of my symptoms started out of the blue about a month or so ago...so now I am trying to see if there is any rhyme or reason to the things I feel as far as when, how long.... things that coincide together....    I can't really describe it as a bad sunburn....   I had my 11th rib go out sometime ago and I bathed it in icy hot.  That is the feeling I get.  Almost like a cool, numbing sensation...... I am actually having it as I type.  I just had a hot flash right prior to the cold sensation so maybe it's just an aftermath of the hot flash.  I will be more in tune to see if that's the case all the time.  It happens anytime of day.  I will be going to my chiropractor tomorrow and will be purchasing the adrenal support vitamin.  As soon as I do, I will be sure to let you know what it is!  

• Posted

Thanks InnerGrace...appreciate it!  Well my weird nerve sensation is definitely heat like, it just feels like a sunburn & seems to come on @ very early morning, generally while I am sleeping - I can’t figure it out & nobody else can either! Other posters have said its declining hormones, but it also feels like it can be related to anxiety. Ugh! So over it!

• Posted

I just got back from my chiropractor, which honestly, I think he is the only doctor I need....  and I bought my first bottle of supplements.  It is called Pure Encapsulations, Daily Stress Formula.   He says I should feel a difference in about a weeks time.... also, I have been using topical magnesium and that incorporated with my chiro visits and stretching exercise he has given me (and a better diet), my joints are feeling much better already.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.