Odd sensations!!!

Posted , 16 users are following.

I feel like I’m always on here!!  Feeling very frightened/anxious today as I’m experiencing lots of odd sensations!!! Light headed, woozy, aches and pains and so it goes on. 

Is this normal after no period for 15 months?

3 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there - Sorry you are all feeling yucky, but know you are not alone. For the past 4 months I have had burning sensation in my upper back, down my spine, upper chest to neck, front of my calves, tops of my feet - now woke up & burning in top right shoulder & on my knees.   I have experienced tingling in my hands for the past 3 years, but today when I woke up I felt like my whole central nervous system had an electrical current running thru it - I know menopause affects your nerves, but this is nuts - has anyone else felt this or should I be thinking it’s something entirely different.  This morning I just sat there & cried, I don’t know how much longer I can keep feeling so miserable . I know being emotionally stressed doesn’t help anything, but this is nuts! Also, I have dry mouth & if I am not smelling cigarette smoke, I feel a slight metal taste to my mouth - & yes, I have the woozy, off balance feeling as well...Anxiety seems a bit better, although I take that day by day. Let me know if anybody else gets this weird nerve thing - thank you! 

• Posted

Hi Debra is it like I have described furthermore up on the thread . My nerves feel on edge if that makes sense and I have a small patch of skin very sensitive to light touch on my leg xx
    • Posted

Hi Debra, yes yes yes to everything you just described.... I have the exact same thing.. I keep a daily and do mean daily journal of my exact symptoms and write everything down the way I feel by end of day.. I mark it real real bad, if its off the charts and just bad if I'm bad but can ignore it, and mark not so bad if I'm feeling pretty ok for the day... Which is not too often.. But anyhow yes this numbness is crazy at first freaked me out so bad but it comes and goes monthly so it must have something to do with hormones.. I don't get periods because of hysterectomy so have to just go by symptoms. And they range from dizzy while turning to quick to numbness across back and head and face and mouth and arms, to weakness in legs, to blurry vision, to dry mouth, and super dry eyes, to crying, gloom doom, can't watch news or bad scary movies, to scared and nervousness to migraines, to anxiety panic off balance neurological symptoms, its all so crazy.. Its all so crazy , I've felt ok for about 3 days, and woke up today with the numbness dizziness blurry vision nervousness, so my hormones definitely did a switcheroo on me last night into today, so when I check my daily journal its same symptoms to the day as last month and month before.. I do know that whenever I get a specific symptom I noticed its really bad for about 6 consecutive months in a row, and then it starts to get somewhat better and on to another really bad symptom, just so unfair... Im right there with you suffering.. Your NOT alone I have it too. 😰

• Posted

Hi Gypsy - OMGosh thank you for responding so quickly - I feel so much better now...I was really going to that dark, dark place that I have something really bad.  It’s now gotten to the point that I cannot even talk to any of my girlfriends cuz they just think I have become some kind of hypochondriac.  If one more person says, “you are too old to be experiencing these symptoms”, I am going to lose it!  I have gone from a very strong, never sick person to a complete basket case of health issues.  I keep thinking what did I do to deserve this?  I guess the lesson here is to appreciate the good days & if god brings you to it, he will bring you through it - thank you again for the re-assurance. Also, I do get face & lip weird nerve sensations -  just going to try & de-compress now - 

• Posted

Hi Kate - yes, I have the “on edge” feeling, but I also have burning, tingling & just the feeling like my nerve endings have just been plugged into an electrical outlet - about a year ago i actually had some zapping sensation.  In the past, it has been isolated areas, but today my body felt like it just got plugged into an electrical outlet & my nerves felt like the lights on a Christmas tree being plugged in - 🎄

• Posted

Hi gypsy I’m 42 and I have every single symptom you mentioned my period is on time but it is long 10 days first 4 dates just spotting and then then couple days Normal and then the last days spotting 😤I have the eye and mouth dryness ,joint pain comes and goes anxiety ,plus sensitive to cold which is I hate the most ,migraine specially around my period and sinuses pressure and burning sensation and much more so I hope it is perimanipouse 🙏

• Posted

Hi may, yes the migraines are the worst.. My symptoms definitely run in cycle patterns monthly, it is all so very annoying.. Right now I'm annoyed with all of them at first i was so scared I would send myself into an anxiety attack, but when I realized they go away and return the same days on the following month I started putting 2 and 2 together and now just get mad and annoyed and wish I could just get a break from it all, now I know what's coming on which days and I fear the migraine the most, because I know its coming it lasts 3 long days and for about a good 2 to 3 hours on the 2nd day is unbearable and so That's the one symptom I dread the most... And leading up to the migraine days before hand are crazy dizzy off balance seeing spots and wavy patterns and stuff which are what I know now are auras not fun none of it, and well I do notice symptoms tends to dye down after about six months of cycling they don't go away but they are more tolerable.. Its just to coincidental that we ladies on here all share these same symptoms in one way or another.. I can't wait for better days after all these are suppose to be tbe best years of our lives right now.. No one ever said that we had to move mountains to get there...hope and pray we all get some relief soon ????

• Posted

Thanks for the replay it make me feel better when I know I’m not alone ,I don’t mean I m happy that you ladies going through this stage but at lease I know it is due to hormone ,but I want know is anyone have the sensitivity to temperature ?which is I have and it is bothering me a lot ,please if someone has this symptoms let me know and if it is related to perimsnipouse 😤

• Posted

Hi May - if you mean sensitivity to heat, then count me in...I feel overwhelmed by heat & it actually makes me feel sick - They haven’t made a piece of clothing that I even can wear that I am comfortable in the heat - I can’t bear it & I have never been like this before - 

• Posted

Yes Debra ,but I have sensitivity to cold as soon I walk into cold place I feel I’m getting hot flashes all over my body 😤

• Posted

Hi May - Well that’s interesting...maybe the cold just triggers a switch to warm your body up - this is getting all a bit too overwhelming with all the stuff we have to deal with - none of my friends are dealing with any of this...so not fair! Ugh! 
  • Posted

Since starting this discussion its good to hear im not alone.  Today i feel worse than ever-very teary, panic attacks and hurting in funny places.  So anxious!
    • Posted

hugs....I know exactly how you feel. Me good to yourself today. Do what used to work for you to make yourself feel good.

I plan to pray and read something inspirational, watch some funny movies or sitcoms, drink tea and breathe deeply. May even soak my feet and give my self a mani/pedi!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.