Oestrogel am i having too much

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi been on oestrogel for 8 weeks just been up to 3 pumps had this for few day but felt light headed spaced out can too much oestrogel do this I had panic attack yesterday after only using 1 pump been having 1 pump last few day am I to low or high ? Seeing my menopause doctor tomorrow

0 likes, 25 replies

Report / Delete

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i'm not an expert but if you are in perimenopause we usually have too much oestrogen floating around anyway, so adding 3 pumps of gel seems like far to much to me.  Oestrogen from what I've read is the cause of the high anxiety in perimenopause because progesterone has gone so low also.  if anyone else knows better they will probably answer here..  Hormones are so up and down during this phase that symptoms will happen anyway.  Some women that are more balanced taking hrt seems to work for them, probably later in peri or in menopause but during the peri stage the fluctutations are major, so can't imagine that hrt can be a huge benefit as the rollercoaster up and down is still happening.

I believe that too much oestrogen is causing your panic symptoms.

Maybe someone on here will tell me I'm wrong though!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

you can probably give her better advice.  I am not on hrt but when i had mad anxiety and panic, my bloods were checked and progesterone was rock bottom and oestrogen was sky high.  this changed again 3 weeks later.  Now that I'm entering menopause everything is coming into balance, all low of course. but that spacy anxious feelings are gone.  I had not been offered HRT because of the oestrogen levels early on  and I now know that progesterone at the beginning of peri would have helped me with symptoms, if I had been told at the time I was peri of course !! ha

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I believe it's the lack of ostreogen that HRT is replacing because we don't produce enough in menopause. That's why our skin gets drier etc. When I was very low on ostreogen I was having panic attacks, now they've stopped

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

well its working for you, so thats great, having the two.  The lady who asked this question hasn't said what stage she's at or if she is just on oestrogen, so maybe she needs progesterone too.  

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

the problem is, i've not been low on oestrogen (that's just through several blood tests)  it's been high.  It is dropping off now, but I am no way near as bad as I was symptom-wise and the last bloods were more balanced.  So who knows really what is going on?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Who checks your levels for the estrogen and progesterone? I haven't gotten any blood work on this and I've gone thru this for 3yrs? Been crazy constant pain and I'm 43yo!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi trishann,  i've had them done several times now.  Doctor took the bloods and I had the results of oestrogen and progesterone aswell as FSH levels.  Your doctor can do them.  Just ask them to do them for you.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi metamorphed I am only on oestrogel cause I don't have  periods no womb  so need for progesterone  and don't know when menopause started only that I started getting hot flushes panic attacks light headed  but because I am a renal patient on dialysis I thought it was this  it been hard to see a doctor that's why I went private my renal doctors said they could not give me any think it up to my Gp but she had said cause of kidney dialysis patient I should see her so it was good I had book to see private doctor  it nice some one is listening 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

oh gosh.  It must be difficult all this on top of your other health issue.  Hope that your doctor can sort something for you with the gel.  Oestrogen can be great it seems but too much might be causing your problem.  It's a mine field really.  We are all in it together. The very best to you!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I tottally agree with your comments. Too much oestrogen isn't goos for the body. We need the balance.I wonder if Kim is taking any form of natural progesterone.. According to advanced medical research you should not take oestrogen without natural.  progesterone. Kim make sure that you are given natural progesterone, if not ask for it. Ladies we need to inform our doctors because this is our bodies. We need to do what is right for the body,

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up