Oestrogel am i having too much

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi been on oestrogel for 8 weeks just been up to 3 pumps had this for few day but felt light headed spaced out can too much oestrogel do this I had panic attack yesterday after only using 1 pump been having 1 pump last few day am I to low or high ? Seeing my menopause doctor tomorrow

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am not an expert in this by any means but... From what I've researched and been told .... It is the estrogen dominance that causes anxiety. With that being said, someone with estrogen dominance can be low, normal, or high in estrogen and still be dominant causing anxiety because the progesterone is too low to balance it out . Sooooo my question is if that's true then why don't doctors test all the hormones!!?? When I first started discussing possible perimenopause with my doctor I got very excited when she told me my next visit we would check my hormone levels .... Little did I know she was only going to check FSH levels which can be normal until actual menopause 😠

So she wrote normal on my report even though I was having sooo many symptoms of perimenopause. She told me to use Emerita Progest Cream once to twice per day up until my period as I could possibly be estrogen dominant .

She doesn't like to use hrt unless absolutely necessary and only short term at very low doses .

So how can you treat that on symptoms alone ?? Hormones fluctuate all the time but there should be a way to test in order to receive proper treatment??

Sorry for my longer than anticipated rant wink

• Posted

hi.   can I ask if your symptoms improved by using the Progest cream?  No expert here neither! but I think they test FSH as that is the hormone that starts kicking in trying to get ovaries to do their job, so as our hormones start to go out of whack, its the FSH that starts working overtime, that is why they test it.  The higher it gets is indicating that oestrogen and progesterone are no longer doing their job.  I would assume therefore that your FSH was considered normal range because there was still lots of oestrogen activity and that she told you to supplement with progesterone cream as this is the one that drops off first.   Anyone free to correct me if I am wrong...  i may have worded that all wrong. ha
    • Posted

Hi! That makes complete sense I guess!

Thank you smile

I do think the Progest Cream has helped quite a bit!! The thing I'm not sure about is that it's a lot of trial and error really ... You start with a very small amount once a day and can increase to twice a day per symptoms ... It took a while for me to notice a difference around my periods though but it does seem to help . It's calming and I'm not as moody or as anxious as before. I can tell a big difference when I forget to use it for several days out of the month , my pms is HORRIBLE when that happens so I think it's doing something wink

• Posted

I think you're doctor is a good one!  She knew about progesterone cream not like mine!  Four years ago I started getting regular migraine headaches, which I put down to hormonal changes but my doctor disagreed!  That along with weight gain and feeling wired all the time.  No, they still would not listen to me. I was 43 at the time.  And I suffered because of it.  I should have gone elsewhere at the time but now that I know a bit more, I know that my progesterone was low and I was oestrogen dominant, causing the once a month migraine, and then moving to two a month! At just the times when oestrogen rises during our normal cycle!   I think that progesterone therapy for a while would have saved me a lot of missed work days and suffering.  So you are lucky with your doctor.  How long did she say to use it?

• Posted

OMG the migraines are the worst!! I can relate to that , I've always been prone to migraines but they got so much worse later.. I started noticing the pattern and link to my cycle when she told me to start a tracker .... Definitely hormonal at ovulation and period. The cream helped those , they aren't as bad but I still get them every so often but I can prepare for them somewhat with the pattern. Then they changed to silent migraines and I'm still getting used to those lol.

I'm 42 and still using the cream daily ... For about 2 1/2 years. I don't use any for about five days during my period.

I told my doctor that I feel like a born again teenager going through puberty, learning all about my hormonal changes again!! I've always had anxiety too so I've had a double whammy with all of this but I'm adjusting and learning every day lol

• Posted

I think you're on the right track, I really do.  I think that using the cream early is going to help to dampen your symptoms so they may not be as bad later on.  That's just what I think and I wish I'd had a doctor earlier on to help me through it.   Did you say that your cycle has changed or are you still having regular periods, sorry if you said it before, just can't see where lol

• Posted

Hi Ginger

How long did you use the cream before it started helping? I've just started it this cycle and my pms symptoms feel more heightened. I'm thinking it's my body just adjusting to it and hoping next cycle will be better

• Posted

Hi!

When I first started using it I felt the same with heightened symptoms .... However I kept using it as I thought the same, my body has to adjust ... After the first cycle of using I noticed a positive difference but I think it really started balancing out after the third or fourth. Now I've learned when I can use less and when I need a little bit more depending on my symptoms around mid cycle on. Hope you find it helpful too!!

• Posted

Ok thanks! That gives me hope. I've had to start it at a very small dose because when I started it at even half the suggested dose it gave me a headache. Next cycle I'll go up on it. I'm using their individual packets so I'll keep using them for at least 3 months and hopefully have good results.

• Posted

Oh forgot to ask: where are you rubbing it in? And are you alternating areas? Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.