Off balance

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have been experiencing an off balance feeling for at least 6 months. It feels as if I’m swaying. I can’t feel it driving, walking, or running. It’s as if the motion of those activities mask the off balance feeling. I have been countless times to the doctor. Any advice on what it could be?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I get a similar feeling, I have a sore and tight upper back and when I use a massage ball on my back leaning against a wall and Bob up and down it makes me feel like I'm standing on jelly or like I could just drop

• Posted

Some people have lasting effects from drinking alcohol very different from hangover , you can be spaced out and swaying occasionally and then back to normal , come and go .

Stop alcohol for 2 weeks and see if it goes away

• Posted

Hello,

I actually quit alcohol all together in October, 2017. I would  consider myself an alcoholic, which is why I quit. My imbalance symptoms began around December. I had bad anxiety when I quit alcohol and tried taking Zoloft around the time that my imbalance appeared. Zoloft made me dizzy and I feel as though Zoloft May have something to do with this.

• Posted

I have an issue that is similar to you and I have seen every doctor possible and they can't figure it out and some of the doctors don't even try hard enough and it's very frustrating not having an answer so I can relate to you because it has been so long

• Posted

Hi Adam8253,

I have the same sensation and i get better when in a car

Go and check for ear imbalance first, then slowly move on to check anything wrong with your brain and so on

If everything is clear then it could be anxiety PPPD, you wrote brief and so cannot comment much

I know how it feels, you can reach me at +6593809412 whatsapp cheaper way and i will feel better talking to someone 

Alan

Singapore 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.