Off balance - anyone come out the other end?

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I have mentioned from previous posts that I have an off balance sensation when I walk which is very hard to cope with as it's daily and has stopped me from going out.

I am sure I am in the peri stage at 45 and periods closer together and heavy. I have just started the mini pill to try and stop my periods as I suffer low ferritin. Too early to say if that is working - fingers crossed. I am taking iron pills to increase my stores so I can then rule that out.

I have also started a low dose of citalopram (5mg) as 4 days on 10mg and it completely destroyed me. I definitely am very anxious and think I have panic attacks although I try and disguise them.

Anyhow, has any one suffered badly with the off balance feeeling and managed to come out the other side? 

Thank you

Louise

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I am off balance dizzy I even feel and hit my head and split it open be careful 
  • Posted

Hello, Seems we all have the same thing in common with the dizzies, especially with the sinus troubles.  I was reading through some stuff on the sinus, vertigo and dizziness threads.  Some people tried ocean nasal spray...I’m going to give it a try.  I have been taking an AD for 9wks, yet, I still have the problem.  I think too, The pressure in the air lately is adding to our troubles.  I sleep with a fan on me all night...drying out my nasal cavity.  Wondering if you ladies have neck issues...I do.  There’s the SCM muscle in our neck...I pinched it and noticed the pressure in my temples right away.  🤔

Ridiculous how we have to try and solve our health mysteries.  🙄. Take good care fellow dizzy ladies! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.