Off. citalopram 20mg..Started 5HTP and B 100

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

I'm back off holiday and had a rocky 1st day back.The reality of going back to work hit me and I thought,can I cope.

I have been off Citalopram 20 mg for 4 1/2 weeks.I went and bought 5HTP and B100.

I'm on day 6 of taking these.I take 5htp before bedtime.

I have started feeling bloated.Is this natural?

I feel positive at work.My boss is away until next week and I haven't seen him since our chat.

I need to leave that behind me and look forward to a better me.

I hope that you are all doing ok,

Love,

Shazzer.X

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi shazzer , just wondering if it safe to take 5htp with anti depressants , as i thought you couldnt , i might be wrong . im am just into my 6th week of cit not finding any benifits at the moment , feel crap , hope they work for you ,  take care  terry
    • Posted

Hi Terry,

Keep at it.I'm sure you are going to feel the benefit soon.It's not a quick fix.It takes time and.you will have ups and downs.

As I've said before I used to pretend I was taking an aspirin everyday because I was always wanting the tablet to make me feel better as soon as I took it and it doesn't happen that way and I knew I had to relax about it and just let it do its job.Slowly but surely,

Good luck Terry.

Love Shazzer.x

• Posted

sorry shazzer i miss read you say you are of cit , then thats okay 
  • Posted

Hi shazzer

You really need to take l-tyrosine with the 5-HTP as it enhances the 5-HTP according to my book.  When I took it, it really made a difference.  Have you got the book 5-HTP The Natural Way to Overcome Depression, Obesity by Michael T Murray - it's really good.

Not sure about the bloatedness ..... maybe the l-tyrosine will help?  The book will help answer a lot of questions.

Glad to hear you're feeling positive and hope it continues.

K x

• Posted

Hi,

katecogs.

The herbal shop said that I wouldn't really need them both together so I didn't bother but I need to read the book.

Thanks,

Shazzer.x

• Posted

Hi shazzer

I've just rechecked my book and though it does say it's not necessary to take l-tyrosine, 5-HTP shows great results on it's own, but it's was noticed in some people that the effects wore off after about a month, so l-tyrosine is recommended to be taken as an enhancer.

A bit technical now:

Researchers discovered in these patients, the levels of serotonin had risen and had stayed high, but the levels of other important monoamine  neurotransmitters, dopamine and norepinephrine had declined.  To adjust the levels of these neurotransmitters in the same way as serotonin, they needed to provide the body with an increased supply of the raw materials, known as 'precursors' it needs to make them.  L-tyrosine increases the levels.

So, although l-tyrosine isn't necessary in some people, it is recommended to take l-tyrosine too.  Maybe try 5-HTP on it's own, and if you find you're feeling flat etc after a while, then add in l-tyrosine.

Hope that helps :-)

K x

• Posted

Hi, Katecogs,

Thanks for the information and for taking the time to write it out.That is really helpful.I'm going to get the book.

Thanks,

Love Shazzer.x

• Posted

No problem.  Only hope it helps you as it did for me.  The reports are good though :-)

Best wishes

K xx

• Posted

Hey shazzer. So you weaned off your cit, right? 4 and a half weeks and you feel okay, no tiredness outer dizziness anymore? Also when you weaned off, did you have some fatigue going on and maybe some foggy head and little anxious? Your friend Cindy coming off my cit slowly, 3 rd week of weaning, got two more weeks to wean.
    • Posted

My doctor has me on a 5 week weaning and off a 10 mg of citalopram, now down to 5 mg everyday for a week than 1/2, none, 1/2 none for another week then 1/2, none, none, 1/2 for another week.
    • Posted

Hi Cindy,

I did wean off mine but I did it a bit too quick I think but there was no going back.

I had a dizzy head, lethargic and moody but 4 1/2 weeks on I feel good and no withdrawal symptons.

Well done Cindy.You seem to be doing it the right way.

So are you having bad side effects?

Love Shazzer.X

• Posted

Very tired, when I get tired my anxiety seems to kick in some, otherwise I don't think so, headache here and there but that could be weather related sinuses. Thank you Shazzer. Your friend, cindy
    • Posted

I've read though that even further down the road we could have issues being off this drug, sure hope it won't be because of being on this drug and it stays in our body some where, that's a little scary for me. Cindy
    • Posted

Hi. Cindy,

Apart from your tiredness you must feel so proud of yourself.

I'm proud of myself.

Infact I'm proud of everyone on here because what ever stage a person is at,they have found the courage to do something about it and not let it beat them.

You're doing great Cindy.

And as you have written - Friends to Friends,

Love Shazzer.X

• Posted

Thank you shazzer, sure will try hard to keep going even if it gets hard but hope it won't get any worse! Your friend, Cindy
    • Posted

Starting my 4 th week weaning soon, having a little anxiety this morning, I'd that still all normal shazzer? I hated don't like it maybe take a little clonazepam, I don't know but I don't want to go backwards to the cit either. Cindy
    • Posted

Sorry the auto correct thing. Also maybe the weather being so hot and didn't sleep well last night either.
    • Posted

Hi Cindy,

Yes it is normal.Don't panic.Ride the storm.

It will soon get less frequent. You are doing great.I felt like you and I stuck with it.On Monday I am 5 weeks tablet free.

I am feeling the best I've ever been.

You can do this.smile

Post anytime for reassurance,

love,

Shazzer.x

• Posted

I guess taking my clonazepam during the day to help with the anxiety withdrawal would help me too, right? Thank you, shazzer
    • Posted

Congratulations on being pill free 5 weeks Monday. It has to be out of your system by now too? Did you start the 5 -htp yet? Thanks you for answering, it sure helps, your friend Cindy
    • Posted

Hi. Cindy,

Thanks.smile

Yeah it is out of my system.

I started 5htp 1 week ago.

I feel that I'm gonna be ok and be happy.

I'm also reading a book called Be your Self(How to relax and take control of your life)

it's helping me be more positive and confident.

Take care and keep at it

love,

Shazzer.x

• Posted

I'll have to locate that book and read it too. Thank you, Cindy
    • Posted

Another anxiety and tired day, guess still all normal, just have to keep in mind that I really want to wean off and keep going, kind of scary though. Cindy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.