Off. citalopram 20mg..Started 5HTP and B 100

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

I'm back off holiday and had a rocky 1st day back.The reality of going back to work hit me and I thought,can I cope.

I have been off Citalopram 20 mg for 4 1/2 weeks.I went and bought 5HTP and B100.

I'm on day 6 of taking these.I take 5htp before bedtime.

I have started feeling bloated.Is this natural?

I feel positive at work.My boss is away until next week and I haven't seen him since our chat.

I need to leave that behind me and look forward to a better me.

I hope that you are all doing ok,

Love,

Shazzer.X

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Shazzer, welcome back holidays are awesome thats why we love taking time off dont sweat it too much work is purely a means to paying for the next holiday wink Great you are feeling positive and I guess some people will have side effects to some drugs where others not so much hang in there stay positive wink
    • Posted

Thanks Stevo,

Thanks for the support.

How are you doing?

Love,

Shazzer.x

• Posted

Yes, welcome back! Hope you had a great time.

I bought the 5-HTP book online via Amazon for 5p + P&P! For when I start reducing, but that has been put on hold at the moment.

Good luck!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Hi David,

Thanks for the welcome back.

Yes I'm going to buy the book on Kindle .

You will get to that stage when you are ready.

I'm still early stages at being off citalopram and it's quite daunting .

Take care,

love,

Shazzer.x

• Posted

Question for anyone, once I'm off cit but I still take klonipin/clonazepam can I still take the 5 -htp?
    • Posted

Yes Cindy you can still take your clonazepam with 5 Htp. No drug interaction there. Good luck, I am sure you will be just fine. Lee.
    • Posted

So Lee you think it's normal for me to feel some anxiety and tiredness going off the cit, third week I'm in going off it, 5 mg now for another two weeks 5 mg one day, one day not and so on, slowly weaning. Thank you so much for answering fast too. Cindy
    • Posted

Also, taking my clonazepam during the daytime while weaning help me with the anxiety from coming off the cit do you think? Cindy sorry for all the questions but when you feel anxious this place seems to help calm me some, thank you cindy
    • Posted

Hi. Cindy.I've been thinking about you.How are you doing?

Love ,

Shazzer.X

• Posted

Hi shazzer. Well I'm down to 2.5 mg every two days, so just 2 more pills and I hope I'll be okay and done. I have little anxiety yet, not as fatigued, but a new thing came up that made me anxious. Floater in my eye and some flashing, I made an appointment with the eye doctor, turns out it's okay, just an aging thing, goes sweet! So kind of you to ask shazzer, thank you for thinking of me. How are you doing? Friend, Cindy
    • Posted

Also my IBS-D makes me anxious, wish that would leave, don't know what to do to get rid of that either! If it isn't one thing it's another!!!!!!!! Friend, Cindy
    • Posted

I also bought myself the 5 -jto to start up in about a month of being off the cit, sure hope it works for me! Friend, Cindy
    • Posted

oh my goodness, these stupid auto correct smart phones make me made too! I meant 5-htp pills to start up in about a month after I'm totally off the cit! your friend, cindy
    • Posted

Hey Shazzer. I am now pill free since last Wednesday, I may still feel a little of the pill in my system but hey they say it can take a few hours to leave, like 36 hours 50% is out so I figure by today it should be pretty much out, well most pretty much all of it! So now to just keep my chin high and know I got off the pill without too many withdrawel side effects a few but not bad seeing slowly went off, maybe should have been slower but hey, I'm off!!!! Hope you are still doing well off of cit too, let me know how you are Shazzer, interested in how you're doing! Thank you again for asking  before how I was coming along. Your friend, Cindy
    • Posted

Hi Cindy,

Thats great news.!!!!:-)

It should be out of your system now.

So have you been ok on the withdrawal symptoms?

I think you've done well the way you have come off them.

I'm doing great thanks Cindy,7 weeks tomorrow I've been tablet free.All withdrawal symptons gone.

I'm going to get back into the gym and lose the stone and half I have gained.

I am also reading a book called How to relax and take control of your life.It is really helping me.

life is good.

Keep your chin up and head held high.You're doing a great job and be proud that you've got this far.

I'm proud of myself everyday and so should you.:-D

Take care and keep in touch,

Love, Shazzer.X

• Posted

Yes thank you too shazzer, I am doing okay, IBS-D but maybe that too will settle down being off the cit, I hope. I will look into that book myself. Start the 5 -htp in another 4 weeks, do you take that now did you say? You stay happy and anxiety free shazzer, as I hope to also! Thank you again, Cindy
    • Posted

Hi Cindy,

Glad you're doing good.

Yeah I'm on 5htp now.I've been on them 3 weeks.

I've bought the book aswell.

Lets keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on.

Love Shazzer.X

• Posted

Hey shazzer its me Cindy. Today I'm a week off, kind of feeling tried and light headed a little, is that all pretty normal yet you think? Probably nervous too because I have to have a darn colonoscopy the 17 th. Not happy and nervous about that, so maybe that's all my problem is today because IC the up coming test. Your friend, cindy
    • Posted

Darn auto correct, sorry for certain words
    • Posted

Hi Cindy,

I was the same.Very tired,lightheaded and cranky.

Youll get through it.It took me a couple of weeks to settle in to being tablet free.smilex

Good luck with the test..

love,

Shazzer.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.