Off. citalopram 20mg..Started 5HTP and B 100

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

I'm back off holiday and had a rocky 1st day back.The reality of going back to work hit me and I thought,can I cope.

I have been off Citalopram 20 mg for 4 1/2 weeks.I went and bought 5HTP and B100.

I'm on day 6 of taking these.I take 5htp before bedtime.

I have started feeling bloated.Is this natural?

I feel positive at work.My boss is away until next week and I haven't seen him since our chat.

I need to leave that behind me and look forward to a better me.

I hope that you are all doing ok,

Love,

Shazzer.X

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Shazzer. Hope you are doing well these days as for me, 3rd. week off the cit tomorrow and I'm doing just great!!! Yay!!!! Had my colonoscopy and one polyp was found and they are running a biopsy on tissue to see what my issue with the big D word is all about, hopefullly nothing like Crohn's or something more serious, just be another anixiety issue if I have something wrong I guess, sure hope not, LIFE is such a huge ???? Marks Take care Shazzer. your friend, Cindy
  • Posted

what the hell is 5htp and b100 ??????????
    • Posted

5-HTP is an effective antidepressant agent and can be bought over the counter.  It is not to be taken with Citalopram or any other SSRI.
  • Posted

Hi, I know this is an old post but was wondering if you could advise me , I have reduced my ecitalopram from 20mg to 5mg and really want to come off them , when can I start taking 5htp and what doses. Thank you casey

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.