Off mirtzapine feeling awful

Posted , 4 users are following.

I took mirtazapine for 4 weeks did sudden withdrawel about a week ago and I am feeling awful but trying so hard not to go on drugs again

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

As I did not want to be on it anymore
  • Posted

Ok, your gp should have waned you off it. I a totally understand why you wouldn't want to be on a drug if you can help it. Seek advice from you therapist/doctor.

They will want what's best for you, remember its your life and body.

• Posted

It was my choice not to wean off them as I just wanted to get the drugs out my system
  • Posted

You haven't been on it too long. Hang on. Take a traveller tablet twice a week, not more, doe excercice and I think in two weeks you are clean
  • Posted

What's a traveller tablet ?

I do lots of exercise quite possibly to much how does exercise help get the drugs out my system ?

I feel I have been really brave coming off them suddenly and not taking any more I am rather proud of myself I still have 2mg diazepam as and when I feel I really need some support but my GP don't give me any as she says they are addictive so I have to get them from a locom GP who always gives me 14 at a time which is enough I have a stash about 45 now.

Been off the mirt for about a week so far my mood has been very low.

• Posted

Excercise is good for the metabolism and for reducing adrenaline. I d suggest you 'd better taken some mirtazampine, 3,75 mg wich is a very low dose, but which might help you withdraw from diazepam.

I'rather be not proud of myself but I d choose what is best for my body on the long term. I take a small dose of mirtazapine and I can function again which is usefull as I am a father and have a job

• Posted

My GP said not to take mirt on / off as it won't help and could make me feel worse got to take it every day or not at all.

I'm glad mirt works for you but it didn't work for me even on a high dose

• Posted

How are you doing now? How long did the withdrawal last? I am in a similar situation 15mg for 28 days.
  • Posted

I am feeling awful very depressed but I am never going on anti depressants again.

The withdrawel lasted for about 2 weeks

So are you cutting down on the dose slowly ?

• Posted

I stopped abruptly and after about 5 days of feeling fine the withdrawals hit me. Not sure how I am going to manage to get off this nasty drug. What was your dose? I am on 15mg prescribed for insomnia. I caved last night and took 15 and today am not experiencing any problems other than wanting to get off the med. So have your withdraws gotten any better? Are you still not taking it? I am thinking of reducing slowly.
  • Posted

I was on 15mg was never on a higher dose then that and I withdrew suddenly.

Since I made the decision to withdraw I have been very strong and haven't taken any more though it is tough very tough so I don't blame you for not being able to withdraw from it though I believe in you you can do it what won't work is you stopping and starring with this type of medicine it just won't have effect it is meant to have.

Its because the drug realises that it isn't in your system anymore and you start to feel ill.

I don't have any withdrawl signs at all anymore but I do still feel quite depressed but so glad I am not on it anymore.

• Posted

I felt no I'll effects after stopping until about 5 days then it started. How about you? I am on it for insomnia. I took it last night and slept but I hate the way it makes me feel the next day. That's why I want to stop. How many horrible days did you have? Did the withdrawal start right away?

• Posted

I didn't start to feel ill until about 5 days afterwards similar to you withdrawing is extremely hard but its possible as I did it and you can do it to you just need to be prepered to feel awful for about 2 weeks I don't know how I manage to do it while carrying on with my job but I did.

I was on it for severe depression.

I just didn't really notice much improvement on the drug

• Posted

Wish I wouldn't have started this drug but I was unable to sleep and desperate at the time. I talked to my doc yesterday and he suggested I get off a little bit slower but if I have to suffer I may as well get it over with. So your withdrawal symptoms lasted 2 weeks not counting the 5 days you didn't notice them. Did they peak and get better gradually?

Thanks for answering

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.