OHOOO..... thought i was doing so well 5 months post op... knocked my big toe on step today.. OMG !!

Posted , 7 users are following.

ohoooo thought i was doing so well, and today i knocked my big toe on a step, it bent it right back... the pain has made me feel sick all day, and it has swollen like a sausage again... and throbbing, i have been so careful not to knock my feet while in recovery then BANG !!! and it happened to the bad toe out of the two... i know i have not broken it, but feel i have a bit of a set back...... so its back to elevating for a while... so painful to walk too.. nevermind keep postive, been saying that all day and then shouting out ohoooooo bloody hurts xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh Gillee nooooo I feel your pain. Hurry up and get better soon. Hot & cold therapy might help the swelling.

Sending lots of hugs & kisses.xxx

• Posted

hi carole... thank you xx yes i am doing the hot and cold tonight, this pain is like a toothache... you dont know which what to do to stop it throbbing lol.... this could only happen to me, yes a set back but ill be right back on track asap. thank you so much carole for kind words of support, i have spoken to such lovely people on here.... this is when you know the internet can also be a wonderful place xx
    • Posted

That's the spirit Gillee. 

Yes your right there are some great people out there. This site has been a godsend. Long may it continue.🍹🍹🍹🍹cheers! Actually have a drink that will help the foot.😀xx

• Posted

cheesygrin  yes i think i will lol... cheers carole, keep me posted as to your progress too... and be careful along the way xx
  • Posted

Go get it checked out at the hospital, I fell on mine and found out four weeks later I had broken it xxxx
    • Posted

Oh dear! I think once my hard cast is removed I should wrap myself in bubble wrap each day. I'm such a klutz already. Did it heal well after the break?
    • Posted

Me too, so clumsy.. I am going to have to have the op done again cos the bungion has come back.. But recovering from an achellies tendon operation at the moment...xxx
    • Posted

Hey Sue,  how are you doing? How was the Achilles op, hope all went really well for you and you're doing ok?  Did you decide re your surgeon  for your revision? Such bad luck  for you and Gillee too.  So easy to do though and  I've joined the clumsy club  since having my feet done...stubbed toe on the bed..twice...dropped the corner of the vacuum cleaner  on my foot last week (no shoes) and dropped a big full bottle of shampoo on my toe 'cos I was busy concentrating on getting into the shower without slipping......biggrin !!!!!
    • Posted

Geez that's a lot of surgery. I had ankle surgery last year. Just when I was able to run well again, it was time for my first of hopefully only two bunionectomies. I have my left bunionectomy scheduled in November. It never ends.
  • Posted

You know what Gilliee this is what they do to you if you are limping.  I had to have an anaesthetic to have done what you have done.  It may very well do you a favour as daft as it sounds.   The only thing is that despite a swollen very painful toe they told me they didn't want me to rest after this op of aggressive manipulation but aggressive exercise.   I would say the same to you.  At 5 months you need as much exercise for your toe as possible and as painful as it is and as swollen as it is, at the stage you are at, you don,t want to be resting it up too much only at night but exercise is more important.  Hope I don't sound like a school mark but It worries me that you could be doing the wrong thing.  
    • Posted

hi rosie xx thank you for your kind reply, to be honest with you rosie i have been walking quite a lot only very slow but i try to get out most days and if i am at home i potter around the house quite a lot, i do massage the toes but the nerve endings are still very sensitive i only do it for a short while, i only really rest up in the evening when they seem to feel hot and stingy, i take on board all the advice i get on here as we are the people who have experienced the op and recovery so no you do not sound like a school mark lol.... just a bit of a set back but i am in positive mind so i just keep saying i am over the worse lol thanks rosie, you keep strong and positive and with this wonderful site and lovely people on here we will get there xx
  • Posted

Oh my goodness, my toe hurt just reading what happened to yours! I'm so sorry that happened! Are you doing any better now? Ouch. Should you see your surgeon or has it gotten better?
    • Posted

hi kaliana, thanks for reply x i am due to see my surgeon in two weeks but i am sure it is not broken as i can still walk... well i say walk i sort of very slowly get one foot in front of the other lol... its still quite swollen but certainly not getting any worse thank god... i rest up in the evenings as it has felt hot and stingy but thats not bad compared to what it was like after the surgery.... ohooooo never again... but we will all get there with the help and advice from all the lovely people on this site, thank yu kaliana xx
    • Posted

Sending all my best! I'm glad it's not broken! Take care.
  • Posted

Hi Gillee...just when you were getting better too...how unfair!! I was so pleased to read your post the other day that the Primark slippers have been replaced and you're walking! Well done you, know what  struggle you've had but what bad luck, sounds very painful, hope it's settled and not so bad today and really nothing serious. Take good care. Update and let us know. B x
    • Posted

hi bee xx thank you for reply, yes to get this far and then for this to happen, its still quite sore and swollen but not getting any worse thank god, i can still walk on it slow only but its not stopping me from getting out..... i just feel exausted by the time i get home walking slow seems hard to do somehow !!!! but i am still positive, hope you are ok and recovering well too, and yes keep me posted as to your update, us footies need each other for this journey lol xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.