OHOOO..... thought i was doing so well 5 months post op... knocked my big toe on step today.. OMG !!

Posted , 7 users are following.

ohoooo thought i was doing so well, and today i knocked my big toe on a step, it bent it right back... the pain has made me feel sick all day, and it has swollen like a sausage again... and throbbing, i have been so careful not to knock my feet while in recovery then BANG !!! and it happened to the bad toe out of the two... i know i have not broken it, but feel i have a bit of a set back...... so its back to elevating for a while... so painful to walk too.. nevermind keep postive, been saying that all day and then shouting out ohoooooo bloody hurts xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well how strange is this, I knocked the dog bowl over last night(don't ask), and have been awake since 3am with a very sore and swollen big toe, and yep my bad foot! It's now 7am and not getting any better, I'll give it a few hours and see what happens. Good luck with your recovery 🌸
    • Posted

hi jane, sorry only just seen your message.... omg dont it hurt, i know how you felt, i must say my toe hurt and was swollen for quite a few days and i am getting an dull pain most of the time at the moment, and yes i can relate to the night time, i had the foot in the bed out the bed, on pillows but it was like a nagging pain that would not shift.... i hope your feeling better, its a slow recovery jane as we all know but at times i must say i think its all been abit much far more than what my surgeon said it would be.... take care and i wish you a speedy recovery x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.