Ok please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive had a dry cough for 2 weeks now went to er after a week of seeing if it would go away doctor took chest xray everything was good gave me antibiotics and prendisone for 5 days i havent seen myself the best i can but im definitely relieved by chest x ray good forgot to say i had symptoms of bronchitis im on 3 rd day of antibiotics or is it just my anxiety starting to worry about cough i dont cough all day its just when i get urge too and it frustrates to not get a good cough this ever happen to anybody please write back

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

R u a Smoker?
    • Posted

Yes i did for 2 years but im done with it going on 2 weeks smoke free u think this could have something to do with it i find it kind of hard to believe
    • Posted

Not really, But to b on the safe side..I would get it checked out!???? Through a CT SCAN
    • Posted

I HAD STAGE 1 COPD FOR 10 YEARS.THEN I START CHOKING,N COUGHING ALOT,N WENT A PULMONARY DR.N THEY FOUND STAGE 2COPD. MENTHOL IS VERY LETHAL.I COULDNT SMOKE ANYTHING ELSE,BUT,I DONT SMOKING NOTHING ANYMORE AS FEB 2017 IT WILL 8 YEARS!
    • Posted

There's a big difference my chest aches at times,it felt heavy n different times it was like a fluttering. I don't phlegm w it though, n no mucus,so that's really confusing ! Mucus is one the signs of COPD don't have that one,but CT SCAN N ECHOCARDIOGRAM SHOW I HAVE IT. PLUS THE FEV1 DOES TOO!

• Posted

Well if i had copd or any symptom i would be coughing non stop right or something like that because i only cough when i get the urge how long were u smoking when u got diagonsed with copd first time
    • Posted

I was 45,and I smoked menthol n 1/2 pkgs a day!I I wished I had never started! (I was 15 years old)I was barely coughing,but I choked for no reason, my chest was heavy, n still is, and I would choke alot!
    • Posted

As of now I still don't cough that much,I jus keep my throat moist,no cough hardly...And I had smoked too long. .UR smart for quitting now! I had smoked for 40 years But at the time,I had smoked 30 years,I quit after they told I had COPD me 8 years ago.I THINK MENTHOL CIGS IS WORSE!????(1/2 PK A DAY)

• Posted

What's weird is that back then I didn't hardly cough at all!

• Posted

Man im really stoping im 27 and i smoked for 2 yrs thats y i think its nothing that bad i jus yhink anxiety kicks in and looking stuff up on google doesnt help thx alot for replying please write back
    • Posted

I know smoking is so relaxing,I want one now,N it's been almost 8 years for me now.And I smoked 40 It's the Hardest! I don't know what to tell u but u I'll have a chance, so quit now,....IT took me awhile to pull totally pull away but GOD helped me,I ask for the cigs to b the nastiest,stinky n so costly,I stared making jewelry so jus find a hobby,n keep your mind off of cig,My hardent was watching TV n driving! And I quit being around smokers including my family till I lost my urge!

• Posted

So do u think I could have developed something in 2 years or probably just nothing
    • Posted

It's probably nothing, but I surely would check,it's better to b safe than sorry! A Fev1 test can tell u,its jus a little pipe u breathe/blow through its NOT painful unless u have COPD! THEN U CHEST JUS HURT A LITTLE! I WISHED I KNEW THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW!

• Posted

This sounds more like a polluted type of cough or a allergy kind. If its a cough where you feel that your throat dries and you are in the need to cough that can also mean your lungs easily get irritated. As long as you aren't coughing like crazy or anything I wouldn't worry of it. I have a cough similar to this where I only cough when I breathe in cold air and I also live near a refinery. I had a blood check that had included if all my organs such as my lungs and heart was fine and everything came out normal which just leads me to conclude its the pollution type of cough I have. Like right now I have my fan on and I feel my throat drying and somewhat in the need to cough although I can hold it in. But like I said I wouldn't worry about it. Another thing to add is it might be some infection you have in your lungs and that can last a long time. If antibiotics don't do the trick then its definitely just that kind of cough that will come and go every year

• Posted

Well i hope because it becomes pretty irritating man i feel like im not who i used to be i feel kind of depressed to be honest i jus hope it gets better
    • Posted

Since you been smoking for 2 years and had stopped I had realized something. Your lungs are regenerating. When people quit at a early time from smoking they develop a cough which is actually a good sign. It means your lungs are able to go back to being in good shape. You can read about this more online. I also had smoked for 2 years and quit I developed this cough a bit before the polluted cough I have which lasted several months. I would definitely recommend to quit smoking so that your lungs can go back to its healing process since its still able to do that
    • Posted

So u think I should be fine cause x ray was good i mean antibiotics did ok but i dont cough alot its jus like when i want to cough i feel like i dont get a good cough what did u do for that if u can tell me
    • Posted

Yeah,I never saw my Xrays in the beginning n they never told me I had COPD in the beginning! Jus pneumonia in the beginning!
    • Posted

Yea im glad i dont have pneumonia that would mean copd for sure right
    • Posted

Its the same cough I had when I quit smoking. You'll be fine. Your lungs are clearing out. Like I said this is a good sign of your lungs restoring itself. Some people who quit do not get this cough because their lungs can no longer properly regenerate. Give it some months or even a few years. The most out of it will be that when you breathe in cold air your lungs will irritate and you'll get that cough feeling. Other than that im sure you are fine.

• Posted

Problem is i got this cough before i quit i got it one week and i cut down alot and trust me the forst werk my cough was bad but it started fading away no it jus seems sometimes i cough and it doesnt seem like a normal cough i dont even feel myself maybe these dam antibiotics and presidon got me all messed up tomorrow is the last day of that treatment i did feel better today hopefully it gets better thx for replying
    • Posted

Well I hope u get to feeling better and I hope u don't have COPD of any kind! Jus to b on the safe side I personally would get checked,but it sounds like it's under control! I barely coughed when I was diagnosed n it Really didn't make sense to me n that was 10 years ago! I'm praying for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.