Olanzapine to help with withdrawals?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys

So I got an emergency appointment at the pdoc today because my gp is not happy with how I'm reacting to things after a month of doing a 15mg taper

I went through all the normal withdrawal symptoms but they just won't settle. Diazipams don't help my main problem is fatigue an inability to relax . which is affecting my sleep even though I'm taking zopiclones

Have had new issues like no appetite lost a stone in a month. Muscle spasms especially in my legs and jaw.

So explained this all to doc said i think it's still withdrawal but he doesn't agree. He is sending me for a full set of bloods and will check my thyroid as I have 2 sisters who suffer. I actually was examined this time and according to my records i haven't had a blood test in 5 years! Nearly the whole time i was on mirt!

Also I have really high blood pressure which is the opposite of me really in the past when any doc has taken it they struggle to find a pukse and look up and joke with me "your dead" lol always been slow soometimes 90 over 50 so he does want me off mirtazapine but because of how I'm responding has given me olanzapine to help with withdrawal

The aim is to use it as a stabiliser to wean me off mirt and put me on prozac. Then wean me off that when i stabilise.

Im gonna be honest guys of course i came home and Google it! Im petrafied! Says it makes you tired and that's one of my problems already i want to be out getting on with life. But i do understand that now everyone has realised the mirt is no longer doing me any good and I need to come off safely but because of blood pressure I've got to do it quickly ajd I hadn't planned for that

Has anyone had any experience with these? Ive reduced the mirt to 22.5 and start taking the olanzapine 22.5mg tonight in replacement of zops and diazzy's

S x

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Suzanna

I am still on 10mg, been three weeks now,I cannot count the other two weeks because I was just cutting and not weighing so it better I say 3weeks now.

I  am going down to 7.5mg next then I hope 3.25mg and then come of altogether I shall have to rely on sleeping tablets after that drop because I am not looking forward to the withdrawals after stopping we shall see.

How are you feeling now has the new meds the doctor has put you on been any help,goodness knows we need all the help we can get.

I hope you have a lovely Bank Holiday,free from stress and pain

I will be thinking of you

Px

• Posted

Hi Orchid,

So are you still on mirt or just olanzapine now? What dose of diazepam were you on before you dropped it down? How long have you been on the diazepam? I've eventually got to come off of clonazepam and I dread it.

• Posted

Hi tonia

I was on between 2 to 4 mg a day but not every day only as and when i needed it so was never dependant in the first place. I just stopped taking it.

Been on them 3 years but like i said i only used them for emergencies. By the end i was sick of taking them they made me feel sick and fatigued when i just want to get on with life. Didn't really help my anxiety either

How are you doing today?

S x

• Posted

Not good. I took a dose of seroquel last night and it has made me even more nauseous and anxious than I already am.
    • Posted

Seroquel? That's quatiapine right?

Did you try olanzapine? I found on another thread you'd been offered it but didn't try it!

I'm learning not to Google the meds quite as much anymore because just because you' 'could' get the side effects doesn't mean you are going too. My main concern is being well for my babies.

S x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.