OLP Systematic Treatmant

Posted , 8 users are following.

How many of you had  systematic treatment for Oral Lichen Planus ?,can you share your experience please .Thanks Maria

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had OLP for 15 year, about a year ago it went away, 3 weeks ago it came back worst than ever and no meds can help it, I can’t eat or even drink water it hurts that bad.

I been to Columbia medical center NYC, Yale and Uconn medical center, know one knows how to treat it. Anyone have any ideas? Please help

• Posted

Hello Shawn, I just started Oral Lichen Planus 6 months ago ,my mouth and throat is infected is bad I know I will in horrible pain ,and is no cure sadly,how bad is yours ?
    • Posted

Hi Shawn,  I have Olp and 3 other autoimmune diseases. I have had Olp for 8 yrs. and been to all types of doctors with no positive results. However recently went to a biological dentist and am getting 2 old silver (mercury) fillings out and 5 root canals re worked. I am also going to see a functional medicine practitioner who will work together with my dentist. I think these docs are the way to go. Not covered by insurance but most work out payment plans. I don’t believe this is the total answer but definitely the right direction! Just saw the dentist yesterday and again in 2 wks. I will keep this site updated on progress. Also heal your gut. I follow an AIP diet and my gut has healed nicely! The answers are out there just have to get out of main stream med. cause they just want to give you dangerous prescriptions that just temporarily suppress symptoms!!!

• Posted

It’s real bad, open sores, going to the doctors tomorrow, I’m going to ask about removing my metal fillings and replace them with porceiling filling, I been told that this has helped some people with their OLP.
    • Posted

Thank you Julia, I will look for your updates, I’m going to the dermatologist this afternoon, I have a list of question to ask and one is about having my fillings removed and if a hepatitis B vaccination that I received could be the  culprit. This is a terrible  disease.

Stay positive👍

Shawn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.