OMG I think I am now certifiable crazy! Patch on patch off patch on....

Posted , 15 users are following.

I was so desperate 2 months ago lying on pharmacy floor ..... waiting for a  prescription for Climara Pro . Lasted 4 weeks but after bouts of crying realized it didn’t agree with me . The progesterone !

Then went on estrogen only patch for 2 weeks only 1/2 patch and did ok but was paranoid about it so decided I wanted to go through this naturally ... ripped it off.

BAD MISTAKE . Spent last 3 days ready for bed at 2pm having dinner at 4pm... COMPLETE EXHAUSTION ! 

I think I’m losing my mind ! Patch on patch off .... I just thought I could do this naturally and I want to but I cannot 😪 tried to reassure myself and say ‘you take a pill for migraine ‘ ‘you take a pill sometimes to sleep’ I want my mommy 😩 I’m not mature enough to deal with this I’m still mentally 16! 

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Your not crazy. We all want our mommies now. You will be fine but focus on each day only. Make it through the day that’s all you have to do. Not the journey ahead. Every day we awake make it a new start no matter how deafeated is seems. Remember that food kills and food heals. Sugar, alcohol, prescription drugs, wheat, processed foods, caffeine and chocolate all are putting stress on digestion thus on our liver as we’ve lost the enzymes to digest thus we are not absorbing nutrients. Eat clean. Until the hormones settle down and find their new normal we must rest and heal the liver. It needs to strengthen and detox now. We are so hyper sensitive when we transition it can take just one piece of wheat toast to cause inflammation in all our joints and pain that lasts for a week. We overnight can get allergies to gluten, wheat, coffee etc. which makes this transition hard to believe. It does get better and those who play along and don’t fight it find it easier to cope. I mean, accept the change. When a heat flash comes on accept the warmth, the palpitations, the episode and ask it to stay and it will leave, make peace with the fatigue, your already anticipating the wave, have a hypnosis tape ready pre programmed from YouTube and listen to inspirational healing meditations, Ted talks etc. as your subconscious will retain the information while you rest and heal, cry, talk to the gods they will listen. You’ll be okay, I promise.
    • Posted

Ah thank you Shara for such kind words. 

Yes I’m completely healthy I workout almost every day almost  vegan .. take all my vitamins . It’s just all bloody hormones and being newly divorced and alone it’s just all too much at once .

It’s the bloody fatigue that’s driving me nuts !

Although I don’t want to be on permanent medication and hate going to the drs I’ve stuck the patch back on .. here’s hoping . 

• Posted

Let me no how you get on with it, as I have the gel ostrogen yet to try it, on antidepressants at the moment, did try the patch couple of months ago, didn't get on with it, what's your age, I am 58, not even sure if I need it, have flushes on and off joint aches, been going on for years, hope it OK in the end keep in touch

• Posted

Hi Lori,

You’ve mentioned you’re all alone, I was wondering if you’re on Facebook? There’s a couple of great groups for menopause that I’m in and I feel you’ll appreciate being in because they have loads of chats each day about what they are going through. One is ‘Peri / Menopause support group’ and the other one is ‘Peri-menopause support’ you’ll also find loads of other groups on there. I don’t like to think of you feel/being alone xx 

• Posted

Thank you. I didn't know about fb groups. I will certainly look into them.

• Posted

Ok thank you will check them out ... this forum has helped me so much . Feels like we’re a team and supporting each other ! 
    • Posted

You’re welcome, I hope they help. Both of the ones I mentioned are closed groups so it’s all private unless you have friends already in the group x 
    • Posted

I’m sure you’ll feel just at home & supported in the groups, it’s got thousands of members all around the world so you’ll have lots of support xx 

• Posted

Hi Lori

There always comes a point where you have to dig deep, suck it up and fight..... This is where you fight Lori. I feel like you're not getting any respite from being on patches or off but I don't know that you will untill you get over that hump of 3 months. I know, it's absolutely awful, shanas right we all need our mums but you CAN get through this. It may feel like it's gonna kill you, but it won't. Get some support that works for you, go back to the doc, try another med but stay on it for the recommended time, eat clean, get a routine, don't worry if you're sleeping all the time because you obviously need it. You're driving yourself nuts trying to control something that is outside of your control. If you could find a way to be okay with that, maybe it would help. One thing I know, you're obviously a strong determined woman.... You will get through it xxx

• Posted

Yes you’re so right sassy trying to control something that’s out of our control becomes obsessive that’s where I’m at right now as I’ve got no life. All due to meno can’t make plans and if I can get through each day it’s a triumph . 

I am back on the patch as without it .... just a complete mess. I’m only doing 1/2 dose and will continue for a few months ... then will try to taper off properly . Never been reliant on medication and that’s why I never went on AD’s tried to get over things with my STRONG mind . But this is more than me ... 

it’s a shame as I’m a very tough woman and everybody looks up to me for support advice etc so the fact I couldn’t beat this monster naturally .... I’m disappointed in myself .

• Posted

Oh god I'm so with you on this... I'm just starting my second month of utrogestran and I can't stay awake!! I'm sat here zombified! 

I've tried so many types of progesterone now I just feel confused... it's s bloody nightmare. 😩

• Posted

Good morning Lori,

I do think you should check with your doctor again like the other woman said, just to be sure.

I also think some us woman, including me, try to fight this change way too much, it does scare me as it means getting old. I am over or getting a break from the low moods and extreme anxiety of peri, but it still is in the back of my mind some days that age is creaping. Last night, I was in bed at 9 pm, on a Friday night for God sakes, I thought about going to my friend's for a couple of drinks, but contiplated how it would ruin my Saturday, I thought about texting a man, see what trouble I could get into, but then thought mehh, a man will get on my nerves, cause me panic attacks and it would be way too much work to get all dolled up and smell good...so I stayed home and watched a silly "male" action movie that my sons have been begging me to watch with them, then went to bed.

For years I would get up in the morning and work out before work, the in the evenings either work out again or go for an hour walk. Now I can't seem to push myself to do that anymore. I did move from an office job to a job where I'm moving all day and I do a half hour Yoga sesession every evening, but that's all I can do, some I feel guilty about it but that's what my body wants to do, so I decided to stop pushing myself to be perfect all the time.

I know the tiredness makes us feel like we are missing out on something exciting, but I've come to the point that I listen to it more than I used to.

As much as I hate to say it, maybe to a degree we don't want to be old so we are trying to fight it way too much and that in itself causes us anxiety. (Mind you I do ignore any aches I have and keep working and doing yoga, as sitting doing nothing will only make them worse)

I've read your other posts, you are very blessed you don't have to work, but maybe you need to find something that's right for you to give you something that makes you feel good about yourself and that you feel needed. Maybe vaulenteer for something that is important to you a couple hours a week. Just something that makes you feel good inside.

For sure though, check with your doctor. I have days where I'm extremely tired, but not every day. Sometimes depression can make you that tired, it is one of the syptoms and the other woman are right, get your thyroid checked.

• Posted

Hi Samantha 

I wa in bed by 8pm so I beat you ha! 

Stuck the patch back on now so hopefully I’ll be able to stay up later as waking up so early the days are too long .

I too think I should be out dating having fun but just cannot !

This is a very SERIOUS illness that we weren’t warned about . 

Yes was thinking of volunteering but I’m not even stable enough right now to commit to anything .

• Posted

I agree about the tyroid testing. My daughter is newly diagnosed as hypothyroid. She's 19 and extremely fit, slim, eats extremely clean and was an elite athlete for many years - she commented to Cornell University to play volleyball but in the end decided not to continue playing as she was struggling with extreme fatigue, sleepiness, constipation and irregular periods and always feeling cold. It was all she could do to do all the sports training/ playing and keeping her studies up. My point is... she wasn't your typical hypo patient profile just by looking at her. we finally had her blood tested and I had to fight to get her complete thyroid levels tested. Most dr only test FSH. You need FSH, Free T4 and Free T3 tested at a minimum. The most important part is also you need those levels to be optimal not just in range. Almost all dr's will tell you "you're fine" even if your numbers are low in range. Well, low in range thyroid hormones usually aren't ok for most people. My daughters numbers were always just out of range - barely. she started treatment with Levothyroxine 8 weeks ago and she is already feeling better. Less sleepy/fatigue are her most noticeable symptom relief. So when you call your dr to make sure you get your actual result numbers and their ranges and don't settle for you're "ok" if those numbers aren't optimal. And if your dr will not test all the thyroid values you can get them tested privately and take those results in with you. This is what I had to do with my daughter as the GP only initially wanted to test her TSH! Ugh! Good luck! I know it's hard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.