OMG I think I am now certifiable crazy! Patch on patch off patch on....

Posted , 15 users are following.

I was so desperate 2 months ago lying on pharmacy floor ..... waiting for a  prescription for Climara Pro . Lasted 4 weeks but after bouts of crying realized it didn’t agree with me . The progesterone !

Then went on estrogen only patch for 2 weeks only 1/2 patch and did ok but was paranoid about it so decided I wanted to go through this naturally ... ripped it off.

BAD MISTAKE . Spent last 3 days ready for bed at 2pm having dinner at 4pm... COMPLETE EXHAUSTION ! 

I think I’m losing my mind ! Patch on patch off .... I just thought I could do this naturally and I want to but I cannot 😪 tried to reassure myself and say ‘you take a pill for migraine ‘ ‘you take a pill sometimes to sleep’ I want my mommy 😩 I’m not mature enough to deal with this I’m still mentally 16! 

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This thread so resonates with me.  Count me in as one who also was utterly blindsided by this transition.  I knew about menopause but not perimenopause.  I had never heard anything negative associates with menopause other than hot flashes and I figured "what's the big deal?  dress in layers!".  Boy was I misinformed.  I am 52 now and over the menopause bridge so to speak - haven't had a period in 2 years.  I'd love to say that I am symptom free but I'm not.  Honestly I still suffer from so many things.  I wish I had been better prepared for how much my life would be turned upside down by this.  When I read your posts, it's as if I your speaking for me.  I relate to so much of what is being expressed.  What has helped me the most, is knowing that I do still have streaks of good days when I feel like "me".  I do my best to treasure those days and take advantage of them.  When the bad days hit (and I am in a period of bad now), I do my best to remind myself that "this too shall pass".  I would love to find an actual face to face support group for women that just need a little comfort from sharing with others who can understand how tough this journey is.  

• Posted

Hi KIM 

Yes I keep saying that there should be a women’s clinic on every corner of every street! 

How we are so blindsided by this is just ridiculous ! 

It would be great if EVERY woman went through the same changes but we’re all different and for those who get it really bad there’s no support apart from forums like this . I’m in a low too and have not had a good day since I don’t know when . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.