On a scale of one to ten pain is 11 :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I am 42 years old and since I was 30 I have been suffering a burning throbbing acheing pain all over body some parts are worse than others, back and fourth to doctors and tests Its been very frustrating as the pain is very real to me, my doctor has been very sympathetic. I also have silent migrains and have recently been diagnosed with Non epileptic seizures. I have also been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia finally!!! . keeping my spirits up despite pain. I have two children and a lovely husband so i have no option to let this beat me down. At the moment i am off work as I am having seizures, but the pain has increased alot so aswell as the duloxatine I am on for pain I have been given amatriptaline. what I want to know has any one got any other ways of dealing with this ie: food /exercise/ treatments. because on a scale on 1 to 10 the pain is at 11 today sad

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I know exactly how you feel. On a scale of one to ten today, I score 20.. I am still in my night atire as I don't have the energy yet to take a shower.. I am going to a Pain Clinic next week, not sure what they will do for me. I only take Paracetamol and Oramorph. If you read my earlier post on 'reading the leaflet that comes with meds' you will then see the reason why I have now stopped taking that..And obviously now suffering more..Can't win..mad
    • Posted

Hello , I to am in my night atire smile , pain level still at a ball acheing 11 sad . Trying to plan my day, In my head I want to go out shopping come home do ironing ect ect in reality I wont go out because of pain and  carrying even a small bag hurts arms and shoulders. Just gone on amazon as I notice reading some of these comments people recommend Magneisium flakes and oil. I am going to give them a try got nothing to loose. It is frustrating I am only 42 had this pain since I was 30 it isnt fair, just have to learn to addapt to it, delegate jobs and rest when you need it and take dont overdo things when you can.Things just take me longer to do now but when I do I feel a sense of achievment sounds daft but clearing a pile of ironing makes me smile trouble is bloody ironing pile keeps appearing ha ha. 
    • Posted

i am about stage 14 today out of ten , and iam still not dressed or showered either.

• Posted

I sympathise with you, It is bloody hard and very debilitating. I have managed a bath and now back in pjs well I am not going out. Tried abit of Ironing and ended up having a seizure . now I have decided to sit down listening to my body. jesus if i didnt laugh about it I would be a mess.How do you feel about not getting a wash or dressed?. I take each day dont think I have worn a bra for a good while ha ha . Take care smile
    • Posted

still havnt motivated myself to shower i keep saying in a minute ,ironing hun

if it dosent have lycria in it i dont wear it , and if anyone eles wants something ironed well they no where it is , just scrape of the dust and use it , dont do ironing . i always get atleast 1 aday . but its hard work iv got a touch of sinus today and its driving me mad .

i havnt worn a bra for years its to painful eek

• Posted

Hi Hazel...Not easy for us ladies to fasten a bra is it, on painful days...I finally got my shower and put clean night atire back on, so much more comfortable..
    • Posted

HI Wish I didnt have to wear one at all, 34ff they are down by my stomach at the min ha ha its great until someone knocks on the door :0. I am training myself to fold as they come out the dryer now. Take care ouch sinus on top of everything else rest up. smile.
    • Posted

It is more comfortable in your pjs. smile. How are you feeling now?
    • Posted

i get very hot in pjs or trousers as all my heat seems to stay in the trunk of my body ,so i just wear long night dress ,  i recycle my summer dresses as nighties esp if they are cotton so people dont no i am in my bed gear.clever A
    • Posted

Ahhhh get you thats a very clever idea. I do get the odd look when someones at the door , I will have to look around for a day & night combonation. Great tip smile.
    • Posted

i am using colidaul silver nasal  spray so hopefully it will  shift.soonsad

thats what i do fold as it comes out of the tumbler lol

oh i see why you need a bra ,i am only a 46 c  .wink

• Posted

i buy of a on line shopping site cotton racer back dresses for summer around £10 then come winter i wear to bed and just do the same the next year, i know what you mean people think your lazy because your not dressesd i used to try and explain  but now i dont bother rolleyes

the fact that we have spent half the night a wake dosent seem to register .once in a while is fine but when its a regurlar occurance it does cause exhustion .mad

Did you no that there are medical conditions where you dont have any pain signals , and one where you never ever sleep . the sleep one normaly kills you by the time your in your early 20s ,the other i dont know i suppose it depends how careful you are ,eek

so i suppose  it could be worse ,just dosent feel like it thou does it ?smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.