On estrogen patch and feel so damn depressed ! Thought it was the ‘feel good’ hormone?

Posted , 10 users are following.

How do we know what’s making us depressed ? Been on estrogen patch now about 2 months and although it’s helped with ‘some’ of the fatigue and dizziness I’m still ALWAYS tired and wake up soooooo depressed . 

I thought it was the progesterone that made you down so the dr took me off it ... I thought estrogen was the ‘feel good hormone ? I have had one or two days around my period ( which has now come back due to the patch ) where I felt great but one day a month does not make a happy person ! 

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I’m patches only for 8 patches in a month and at the first 3 patches I was feeling so much better my depression lifted even tho im in a awfull unhappy relationship... take a look at your life and realise what’s making you happy or sad and move away from the situation... I know escaping from my unhappy relationship after 31 years is what is making my menapause heartbreaking... but I’m keeping my chin up with the help of my patches ... but being agrophobic for 20 years doesn’t help ... I would love to walk on the park in the rain... I would love to go shopping with my daughter and grandson... I would love to sit on a beach and feel the wind in my hair... and I’m hoping and praying one day I might just do all those things xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.