On my scalp?

Posted , 11 users are following.

My doctor diagnosed PR about a week ago.  It is still spreading somewhat but I am managing it.  I have noticed that I am suddenly extremely itchy on my scalp where I've never had any sort of skin issues before. It is very itchy around the hairline and ears and also further in on my scalp.  So many sites say that PR is limited to the trunk of the body so I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what I can expect.  

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My daughter had the same thing happen when she had PR, honestly her scalp and forehead were the worst areas.  The dermatologist said it was seborreah and could not    

be PR but it was.  It disappeared at the same time as the rest of her spots and has never recurred.  My DD was 17 and had an atypical case, spots didn't follow the normal patterns or areas.   She used head and shoulders in the blue bottle but it was so bad I do t know if it helped.  Her forhead peeled and huge flakes were coming off of her, like mega dandruff.  Hopefully yours won't get that bad, but don't let them scare you, it CAN be PR and it will go away.  DD's lasted 4 months, they told us it was just eczema the first two, and seborreah...   Some time in the sun seemed to help her.  I hope yours clears up quickly!

• Posted

Thanks.  I hope it does too.  In the heat of the summer, when getting overheating seems to make it worse, it is quickly becoming very annoying.  There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information about PR out there other than the standard "don't know what causes it, no treatment for it, lasts about 6 - 8 weeks."  This forum certainly gives a lot more advice than actual PR websites.

• Posted

Poor baby. I had sores in my mouth and inside my lips, they were almost like cold sores, but, like you said, not cold sores. Never went on my face though. 
  • Posted

It can definitely spread to the scalp. 😢 I was diagnosed 3 wks ago, and it has been one Hell of a ride. I started off with what I thought was an ugly cold/virus. I then noticed a small spot ( good ol Herald patch) on my torso. Little by little I noticed a couple of more. What really concerned me was a flaky spot on the corner of my eye. That's when he terror began to set it. Soon my entire chest was covered in this horrible, intensely itchy rash! I was prescribed a topical steroid and Benadryl. That has not helped. My face is so dry and flaky, and my neck and th sides of my face have patches as well. Just a week ago,. Noticed one area of intense itchy and flaking on my scalp like I've never seen before in my life! It's right at the front of my hairline and is getting hard to conceal. Have tried using Maximum Strength Head and Shoulders, Nizoral, and even Coconut Oil, and other essential oils. Nothing seems to be working. Today I noticed some bald areas from where my scalp peeled. I can't tolerate this much longer. Has anyone else experienced the hair loss? Does the hair grow back? I hope this clears up soon. My prayers go out to all of my fellow P.R. sufferers on this forum!

• Posted

I have not tried it yet. I am going to order some immediately! Does it just help with the symptoms, or does it help with elliminating it? ( Either way, I need it) Thank you so much for your reccomendation. biggrin
    • Posted

What about Head and shoulders shampoo? I know a lot of people are recommending head and shoulders for the body cause it wil dry the rash/virus out. 
    • Posted

Wish I could show u my sores... they r so heartbreaking!! It began in Feb 2017...and they still come back...I showed dermatologist, gone through phototherapy, antibiotics..but none works... Lately they gave a ointment named Topiclo, which works, but I'm putting it online on the visible parts, since It's tiresomely to find each and every sore... I'min so disappointed...will I hv to carry them for the rest of my life? Can I show u my sores?

• Posted

Hey so did you put that PrrEze cream on morning and night ? And did you shower just once a day or twice ? And are you suppose to let it sit up there or rub it in all the way ?
    • Posted

I was going to use head and shoulders tonight and see how it looks in the morning. But idk if you are suppose to use it 5days in a row 3days in a row or everyday once a day. Im going to try 3days in a row once a day and if it seems like it’s clearing up a little bit I’ll keep using it 
    • Posted

U r going to bathe the whole body with it, right? Can u send me some snaps of ur sores? Just wanna hv sm ideas of the PR of others...my email id is

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

WOW!!!! Mine lasted 14 months, so you have me beat!!!! Did you have a biopsy done? I don't think they let you do pics here, and the rules don't let you give contact info or links, I don't think. Cal you message me privately? Just click on the stazstaz, and it will take you to my profile, and there is a message center there.

The reason I am asking about biopsy is because one of my biggest pet peeves is that dermatologists and doctors at large do not do biopsies, they just decide they know what is wrong with you... They usually say things like: "oh, use this prescription, and if it doesn't resolve in a couple of months come back..." That prescription is usually for a cortisone- steroid cream, which does nothing. They say a couple of months because most rashes are gone by then. Your topiclo is one of those steroid creams. Read the side effects they can be nasty!!!

If you rash pops up again and again, over a period of 14 months or so, it can be one of several other rashes that look similar to PR. Contact dermatitis, ringworm (fungal infection like athlete's foot), lichen planus, granuloma annulare, and guttate psoriasis. With a biopsy- just a simple scrape biopsy, not a core one- they can tell you for sure what you have, and you DESERVE to know what is wrong.

• Posted

hi have just read your post and as i am suffering hair loss alongside PR i just wondered if your hair grew back ok ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.