On my scalp?

Posted , 11 users are following.

My doctor diagnosed PR about a week ago.  It is still spreading somewhat but I am managing it.  I have noticed that I am suddenly extremely itchy on my scalp where I've never had any sort of skin issues before. It is very itchy around the hairline and ears and also further in on my scalp.  So many sites say that PR is limited to the trunk of the body so I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what I can expect.  

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Why did u grow this problem? Did u hv any viral disease b4 that?
    • Posted

Not that I know of, they say that it might be linked to Herpes virus, but I have never had so much as a cold sore. Of course, I have had many colds, so they may find it is connected to one of those viruses. Doctors say it is not contagious.... My husband and kids never got it, but you have to get it somehow....
    • Posted

I had dengue in Nov 2016, ever sincerely then on growing PR, and they never stop!!
    • Posted

I’m thinking how i got it too. I was stressed and apparently that’s the reason, but I still don’t understand how I got it when it’s not contagious rolleyes simple stress does not cause rashes like that. If my immune system was weakend by stress then I caught this virus and so it is in the air and everyone can get it. So to me it means it’s contagious if another person with weak immunity is near the virus. Some articles say that it appears in clusters (schools, army barracks, families). Some dermatologists also get it after having contact with people with PR. I’m in my 3rd week (approximately) since the Herald Patch and THANKFULLY nobody in my family has it. 
    • Posted

Nobody in my family got it while I had it.
    • Posted

In my family, too, I'm the only proud carrier of PR... shouldn't we celebrate?

• Posted

Wish I could get ur email ID to send u my patchea' pics.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.