Once diagnosed stopped working out and feel worse !

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been suffering 6 months now and was working out for 5 of those months as did not know I had EBV. 

Since stopping working out I seem to be doing worse ? It doesn’t make sense .

I used to at least be able to get out of the house by 12 noon and do a few errands but now I seem to be incapacitated until 3 or 4pm. 

Does it get worse before it gets better ?? 

Was the Adrenalin keeping me going ?

It’s all so confusing . I can’t get off the bed . 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I wish I knew what to tell you Lori but I don't know. Exercise, besides slow short walks, even only 10-15 minutes, seems to be landing me in bed for days. I guess if you are exercising a lot less, your body has to recover from that and so now you feel worse as your body tries to accustom to the difference if that makes any sense. Maybe try exercising a little again and see if that helps, like short walks?? But be careful. I would discuss this with your doctor if you can. I agree, it seems confusing.

• Posted

Yes I’m just doing walks a couple of days a week ..... I seem to be back where I started with this when it very first happened . Please God this is all over soon ... it’s the worst nightmare . Praying for anybody who is suffering with this ... it’s a crime against humanity and needs more research and attention .
    • Posted

Its been about six months since my nightmare commenced too, I cant work out whether I am the same, worse or better...go figure....however I do know that the past month I have been doing more in terms of exercise than the previous 3 almost put together....and although I have had the occasional poor day in that month there has been no major crash like before. Is that improvement? Or am I just getting to feeling like crap? I go for about 2 or 3 20 min strolls around the neighbourhood with a few slopes/hills chucked in. I have also stopped my afternoon naps as I would often get up feeling worse! 
    • Posted

Yes I just do walks now a few times  a week . And yes feel worse since stopped vigorous exercise ? I just don’t understand this BEAST. I can’t nap anymore either ... I’m too wired or stressed by this thing .on a few occasions I’ve had to nap and taken a pill to do so .. but then couldn’t get up afterwards. 
    • Posted

Thanks Lori. I find it hard to get to sleep at night, to drop off....the horrible cliche tired but wired does exist. I was prescribed melotonin, which has worked somewhat for me. 
  • Posted

Hi Lori, so sorry to hear how you are feeling.  My 17 year old daughter has just recovered from this condition.  She'd reached the point, after two years, that the biggest achievement she could hope for in a day was dressing herself.  It is such a cruel illness.  She recovered incredibly fast after doing Lightning Process. If you have access to a Lightning Process practitioner (I recommend Pippa from Newleaf in Bristol) give it some consideration.  Wishing you a speedy return to good health.

• Posted

Hi Catherine....I could probably google this, however can you briefly outline the Lightening Process?

• Posted

Hi Catherine 

I’m in the USA but briefly looked at the process and it seems quite interesting . I’ll try anything right now ! You can download some of the techniques online for a small fee . 

It’s all about certain movements and power of mind .... that’s what I’ve garnered so far .

Your poor daughter ...2 years !! So glad she is feeling better this illness is so evil that’s the only word for it . 

• Posted

Hi Charlie 

I looked it up and it’s about power of mind and certain physical movements that stops your brain neurotransmitters sending negative signals to your body . 

I’ve got to read a bit more but I totally believe in power of mind ..and have used it in the past . This is tough however as when you are soooooo tired it’s all you can think about but anything is worth a try ! 

• Posted

Some of the helpful things my daughter did were changing routines and shifting around furniture etc to remove things that were illness triggers.  However, she only had the energy to try this after doing some skype sessions, and these sessions were not just about learning techniques, but something deeper involving visualizations.  Good luck.

• Posted

Yes I’d love to remove my bed as I’ve spent so much time in it .... sleeping .. trying to sleep.. and just basically horizontal !

I can just about wash the dishes so moving things around would be too much right now .

If that worked for her then that’s great!

I find staying in a  routine is best for me . Keeps me more balanced and level headed and boy do you really need to control your mind during this time . 

• Posted

Hi Lori, Stress is a major factor with this condition. It’s important to try & keep it to a minimum if you can. Not an easy task I know as it’s so very frustrating not being able  to do what you want. It sounds like you may be getting into a bit of a boom & bust pattern.. whereas when you have some energy to do a little exercise you may feel better in the moment (We often feel a sense of achievement  & want to do more but do too much then pay the consequences) )  If you pace & do less initially to start, see how that effects you for a week or 2, if it doesn’t effect you negatively stick with that for a while then you can gradually increase by a very small amount again & see how that effects you for a few weeks,  again if symptoms don’t rise & it works stick with it for a while before adding any more. . Rather than all or nothing. listen to your body & give it time to heal.it may help to keep a diary.  Hope this helps a little & hope it makes sense (brain fog today)  😳

• Posted

Thank you pet . Yes I’ve cut out all exercise apart from walks . I’ve been told to limit exertion . Yes!! The stress!!  You just can’t help but be stressed with this ! 

It’s Ike a vicious circle ... each day when it’s the only thing on your mind and you can’t escape it ... you can’t help but have anxiety .

I can’t seem to ever relax properly or sleep as much as I need to as you’re tired but wired.

Even though felt better working out every day I’m following the rules hopefully my body is healing .... from all that exertion . 

• Posted

Yes it is a very a stressful time dealing with this - it’s all so consuming & hard not to focus on it. But if you try to notice you’re thoughts & realise how they effect you &  try to change your mind set a little it can help.  Be kind to yourself 😊

• Posted

Just reading your other posts.. I highly recommend the lightening process! You explained it very well. I did it years ago & it did work at the time.. I just didn’t keep up the good work so to speak... if you look on you tube Phil Parker does some amazing talks & very helpful. 

Good luck 😊

• Posted

It looks like my last post may be deleted by the moderator. Hopefully I’m able to just mention Phil Parker on you tube? His talks are very helpful!! 

• Posted

Thanks pet ! Yes I saw his name come up for that technique will definitely have to check him out . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.