One day after Holep

Posted , 15 users are following.

Had it yesterday. Surgery went well. 

Is it common to only urinate drips after an hour after catheter was removed?

Thank you 

0 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I had HOLEP done 14 month ago.

I had catheter 48 hours, the removal was quick, but painful.

After, I couldn't pee. I took Flomax, and after while with full bladder, I managed to drip.

That got better and next day I was almost as before the procedure. About week after

I was better off then before, bleeding stopped in about 10 days.

Now, 14 month later, I am BHP free, and don't need any medication.

I have no regrets choosing HOLEP.

• Posted

Had the catheter removed yesterday. 

Was able to urinate after and few times within a couple of hours. 

Although I woke up to void several times last night, no urgency or leakage. 

As the Dr said yesterday, the fire department will be calling me to put out fires with my strong stream. The stream is so strong urine splashed on the toilet rim. 

The whole experience turned around and I’m quite pleased. 

• Posted

Hi phil,

Am glad you seem to be on the mend now and I remember the splattering on toilet seat with pride, Like you, my force was so strong that it suprises and catches you out and you have to learn to adjust your aim.

tony

• Posted

Come winter you will be able to write your names on the snow.
    • Posted

Thankfully no inconvenience. Hopefully the frequency will decrease. 

• Posted

Derek,

I remember at my daughters wedding a few years ago and there was about 5 of us older codgers maoning at how long it took to do our dribbles. what I'd like is another event like that and splatter everyone at the urinal, accidentally of course.

I must say the sleep im getting now has altered my life.

• Posted

Living in what is both a retirement town and holiday resort I meet a lot of Old Codgers. Most have urinary problems and describe their lives as miserable due to symptoms and/or the side effects of the meds prescribed. 

Most are prescribed meds initially as it is cheaper and are not told about other options and as you know from your experience many areas still only offer TURP. 

The other miserable group are those waiting for knee and hip replacements. Again some parts of the country are quite good but in others patients wait for years.  

• Posted

I knew about green laser when the hartlepool monkey Mandleson got his done on the NHS and it was in the daily mail. It must have been 12 years ago and I was pleased because I had just started with BPH and the stories of Turps frightened me. I agree some people battle on needlessly and dont fight for things to happen.

A lot of NHS consultants are I believe feathering their own nests doing private work at the expense of NHS patients. My first consultant was like that, as you know, and even though another consultant had recomended me for a laser procedure, the one carry out the green lasor treated me like a new patient.  I would still have been doing his stupid tests now  and probably would have damaged my kidneys or had bladder infections by now.

• Posted

Anyone familiar with creatinine and gfr numbers and their significance to kidney disease?
    • Posted

Didn't your doctor tell you anything.  The Creatinine level tell you about the kidney function and the GFR tell you the stage of the disease  Ken

• Posted

Above results were from 1 day post-op. 

These were from 3 weeks ago taken from another, outside lab:

Creatinine 1.01

eGFR 90

Thoughts on these numbers?

• Posted

Anyone initially have a strong stream after Holep and then becomes weak?

Could this be bladder neck contracture?

• Posted

Anyone initially have a strong stream after Holep and then becomes weak?

Could this be bladder neck contracture?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.