One week after gallbladder removal.

Posted , 35 users are following.

Have been getting a heaviness across the stomach which is very uncomfortable, plus Lots of stinging and the Obvious aches and pains from surgery.

As have IBS, Barretts Oesophagus and severe diverticulitus it's sometimes hard to know what discomfort belongs to what.

Have taken tramadol which 2 hours later is easing up. Is this heaviness normal.

4 likes, 86 replies

86 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Val, No regrets!   It's painful but no it had to be done and will feel better down the line but would have loved the Doctors to have been more honest because would have prepare for it a little differently.  This is a great site to vent and compare they steps of the recovery because you get these werid aches and pains and the fear of the unknown sets in....Did they mess up?  Did they leave something in there?   But hearing everyone else having the same pains gives you a peace of mind!   Thanks all!
  • Posted

Not such a good couple of days, especially today. Horrendous stabbing pains in back an niggles under rib cage. Anyone else had these post op.
  • Posted

Thanks all, now into 13 days since surgery and feeling a lot better, a little sore at night if I pushed it too much but almost back to normal.....a little pain at night if I turn the right way or eat the wrong type of food, meaning mayo or something a  litlle too sugary.   Hope everyone else is feeling better too!
    • Posted

Nice to hear your making progress, hope it keeps that way for you.
  • Posted

Hi all

New to this site I had my OK yesterday and the worst part was being very sick in the recovery but I am to it was a reaction to the morpine they get me, I am on painkiller at the moment and it needed doing as my gallbladder not working at all. Not new to the pain as suffer from fibromyalgia as well just got to take it is easy but every time I coff it hurts the team that did were excellent though.

Cheers for now:-)

• Posted

Hi Jan!  how are you?  finally had my gaul bladder out 4  weeks ago to-day, and not without its troubles!  Was taken in on the early hours of November 20th in an emergency. my liver count was very bad, and they decided to take it out on the Friday.  they told me later, that it got stuck, and they had a  terrible job to get it out.  if this wasn't enough, after taking xrays while i  was under,  they discovered that i  had 5  stones still in the bile duct. I  had to go back on the Monday to have them removed.  Jan i   thought the pain was bad with the gaul bladder but this was much worse as they didn't sedate me.  i'm coming on fine now, but find that sometimes when i  try to eat, i  get bloat and feel as though my bowels want to move.  I  also feel as though i  want to birp but can't.  is this part of the recovery, and what can i   do about it?  Hope to hear from you soon.   Val.
  • Posted

Hi Janet

Its been 2 weeks since my op and I have had my staples out, and the worst one is on my chest which is slowly healing up it is amazing the short period of time that has past but taking things easy ie not bending over to much or lifting anything heavy. I have found a light diet and go in for a a walk help to get out of the house and get some exercise. So far no bad side effects but I am limited in what pain killers I can take though. Also go a bad hiatal hernia but that another story.

It does get better day by day so hang in there.

Cheers for now :-)

• Posted

Hello.

I am about to have this operation. So scared to die. Thinking, should I write some letters to my family members. Oh, God. 

Today I woke up with a cold. Nothing else. Hope that it will be fine. Will speak to my anestethiologist. 

I have a question about underwear. Can you wear knickers during an operation or not. I found some info in this page that you can and they will probably provide a paper version of them. 

• Posted

Just Wandering if you had op I did 7 days ago and feeling awful bloated heaving feeling across stomach pulling feeling and whole abdominal area feeling heavy and lots of burping living on diet of soup and porridge with soya milk, went to doctors yesterday andshe said i was constipated so had laxitives which worked but feel no different!!!! Not sure if this is normal or should I go back to GP??
  • Posted

Hi Janet

Probably sick of people still replying to your post but I was desperate for some feedback I am 7 days post keyhole gallbladder surgery and OMG the pain I feel 6 mths pregnant so bloated and that really heavy feeling across stomach Yep cant even imagine wearing a bra went to GP yesterday she said I was Constipated so took laxatives which worked but no difference in bloating and pain when will it get better!!!!!! 😢😢😢😢😢

• Posted

Hi had my gallbladder out one week ago .. Was doing well until yesterday and have massive stinging pain constantly in right side . Got antibiotics from docs but no improvement . Morpheine doesn't ever touch pain !! Do I need to go back to hospital ?  Every step is excruciating !!
  • Posted

Hi

I'm 8 days post-op from lapriscipic gallbladder removal. While I have been feeling better every day, I'm having a horrible time sleeping through the night. It's most comfortable for my "insides" if I sleep on my back, however, I've been suffering from a numb and tingly left thigh since I got home, which means I can't sleep on the left side nor can I sleep on my back without the leg constantly bothering me. Last night, I was able to sleep somewhat on the right side with some pillow support, however, when I woke up, I was so sore and couldn't stand straight (similar to right after surgery). When I lie down flat, it seems that the soreness in my upper belly goes away. Has anyone experiences this?

• Posted

Hi kristi

I was just wondering how you were now. I am 10 days post op and having bad backache between the shoulder blades is this something you experienced? Also uncomfortable inside where I assume my gallbladder was.

• Posted

Hello janet74211,

Just had my gallbladder removed a few days ago. Currently having problems sleeping. still having pains in the area where the gallbladder was at. also pain radaites to my back.

Anyone experience the same thing? any ideas what can help?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Janet74211

i had my gallbladder removed 9 days ago key hole and have problems with pain etc , sleeping also as am proped up in bed or sofa and today find my right leg a bit achy especially top outside area near hip I have found putting a pillow under me legs at night has helped and still need to take pain killers regulary, hope this tip helps you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.